SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, this is Kostas from Greece, Happy New Year to everyone
I am a volvo S60 T3 R-design owner and i would really aprreciate if someone could help me with this
take a look https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2BniRZc-TCiVVVmb0FhQXVUNXc/view?usp=sharing
and tell me if "FIRST TIME FAULT FOUND, DATE AND TIME" means that 1) first time the fault was been recorded by car's computer, or 2) first time the fault was recorded by a diagnostic tool (such as volvo vida).
These prints were taken by VOLVO VIDA and i cant find any manual to find an answer myself.
It is very very important for me if someone could help.
Thanks in advance.

If you need more information let me know.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I believe it is first time recorded by the car, but if someone have been messing with the milage, they may also have deleted earlier faults.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks rkam for your reply. i believe that myself but i must find some proof because the time and date the fault occured, my car was for its annual service in the official volvo service provider here where i live. They didnt give me prints (though i asked for them) and say the car had already the fault but i dont believe them. After that, some days later, i went to another service center and took them. The day the fault occurred, they were trying to update cars software.
As you can understand i am trying to find proof, that this indication i mentioned at first, is indeed the first time and date the fault was been recorded by cars computer. Any help guys would be much appreciated...

·
Registered
240 Posts
It doesn't have to be the first time ever. It can be first time after it has been deleted. And I believe you need to delete all fault codes before you can do a software update.
Normally a log file for each vehicle is stored in folder C:\VIDA\System\Log\Diagnostics, but I'm not sure how long it will stay there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If it was deleted and reappeared, then they should have told me. They just told me that the software update could not be finished, because it stopped when DIM reached. Shouldnt they first checked the car for any software problems? Is there any update history? could an update caused the problem? Anyway, i think i went OFF TOPIC. Please if there is someone who has VIDA installed, please check to see if there is any manual describing printouts as i showed you above, or if someone can ask someone who knows with proofs. Thanks again, thanks rkam.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Volvo central servers should have a log of updates, but I do not think it is available to the workshop.

Is it possible that the the DIM has been replaced?
If it works in the car, I supposed it should be correct version and upgradeable anyhow.

Vida does not contain any description of the report layout as far as I can tell.

Here is the information about the fault code:

381: DIM-C200262 Odometer tampered. Algorithm Based Failures. Signal compare failure

Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) information DIM-C200262

Condition:
The Driver information module (DIM) calculates the total distance based on the information from several other control modules in the vehicle. The Driver information module (DIM) checks the quality of the information.
The diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored if the control module detects that:

- Some of the signals are marked as invalid.

The control module's test for the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) starts in the event of:

- Ignition switch position II.

Note! The control module can only detect the fault once the test has been started and the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored when the conditions are met.

Substitute value
- None.

Possible source
- Internal fault in another control module in the same part of the control area network (CAN).

Fault symptom
- Trip odometer gives no reading

·
Registered
240 Posts
Since the fault is marked with bit 5 as "Fault found at least once since erasing DTCs", I'm leaning against first time is really first time.
Hopefully someone that knows for sure can comment on this.

It would still be possible to erase the first time date, but probably not with normal DTC erase function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts