SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there - I hope you’re all doing well! I’m hoping I can get some help. I was cleaning the interior of my wife’s 2016 XC90 and I found a random bare copper looking wire hanging out of the trim next to the carpet (the trim by the door). It appears to have been tucked into the trim and came loose. Oddly, it was only connected to one end - toward the back of the car. So I’m wondering if it’s either disconnected or some sort of an antenna. I did my best to tuck it back in but it was disconcerting to have the wire just hanging out like that.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey everyone, thank you for the replies. Sorry for the delay in my reply. I’ll try to take a picture today and post. Yes, we have owned this car since new so it’s not related to anything aftermarket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Ok so it's more like a really thick string? I looked closely and it's not as much a copper wire, but more thick brown coarse nylon. Whatever it is - it shouldn't be hanging out and definitely seems to serve some purpose. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.