SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so I have an s90 inscription 2017, currently with 20 inch wheels 255/35/20.

Due to the UK roads I am looking at 18 inch or even 17 inch wheels. Would these fit the brakes?

One set I am looking at on Facebook are 225/50/17, but not sure if these would fit?

If it helps I think the front brakes are 322 as I looked inside the wheel. The rear brakes look even smaller.

Many thanks

·
Registered
645 Posts
I swapped my 20" wheels to 19" wheels Landrover Velar wheels (found them cheap). However, I didn't use the OEM size for 19 (255/40/19). I went with 245/45/19 for higher sidewall and comfort. Great decision.. No issues and the car runs great except for slight difference in speedo 1 mile (1-2 KM). Comfortable and pleasant ride.

Honestly, if you don't want to sacrifice the appearance, just do what I did. Going with the 17 is impossible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I swapped my 20" wheels to 19" wheels Landrover Velar wheels (found them cheap). However, I didn't use the OEM size for 19 (255/40/19). I went with 245/45/19 for higher sidewall and comfort. Great decision.. No issues and the car runs great except for slight difference in speedo 1 mile (1-2 KM). Comfortable and pleasant ride.

Honestly, if you don't want to sacrifice the appearance, just do what I did. Going with the 17 is impossible.
Looks good. I don't really know what I'm doing with sizes. I have seen some XC60 tyres that are 235/65 R17 it's just whether they fit. . I don't want to go with 19s as it's not that much of a difference from the 20s?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Looks good. I don't really know what I'm doing with sizes. I have seen some XC60 tyres that are 235/65 R17 it's just whether they fit. . I don't want to go with 19s as it's not that much of a difference from the 20s?
Yeah don't use XC60 wheels as they might not fit because of their offsets and usually they are 7.5j not 8j or 8.5j.

The smallest wheel you can fit on an S90 is the 18". OEM size is 245/45/18. However, you can go with 235/50/18. So, if you compare my combo with 18" OEM size, similar sidewall + better look.

BTW, new land rover (Velar) and jaguar wheels fits perfectly as their offset is usually 45mm compared with Volvo offset 47mm.

Use wheelsize. Com to verify whether the wheels you found match Volvo sizes (5X108 with 63.4mm center bore).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah don't use XC60 wheels as they might not fit because of their offsets and usually they are 7.5j not 8j or 8.5j.

The smallest wheel you can fit on an S90 is the 18". OEM size is 245/45/18. However, you can go with 235/50/18.

BTW, new land rover (Velar) and jaguar wheels fits perfectly as their offset is usually 45mm compared with Volvo offset 47mm.

Use wheelsize. Com to verify whether the wheels you found match Volvo sizes (5X108 with 63.4mm center bore).
Thanks, that's helpful to know.

I did see on Volvo website about my model, being D4 and UK that it might be able to accept 17s on 225/55/R17 but don't know how true this is.

I'll have a look around for the 18s cheers. The reason I was thinking of 17s is because I'm not the type of person to change tyres. Want a set that can stay on and there's cheaper options and bigger range of all seasons with the 17s

·
Registered
645 Posts
Thanks, that's helpful to know.

I did see on Volvo website about my model, being D4 and UK that it might be able to accept 17s on 225/55/R17 but don't know how true this is.

I'll have a look around for the 18s cheers. The reason I was thinking of 17s is because I'm not the type of person to change tyres. Want a set that can stay on and there's cheaper options and bigger range of all seasons with the 17s
Ooh I see, yeah if you don't care about the look just go with the smallest you can.

If you can share a picture of your front brakes, I might be able to tell you if you can fit 17".

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I can take a better one later, it's parked down the road.

I car what they look like just not bothered about swapping out, can't be bothered. Just want a tyre that will pretty much do all year around.

·
Registered
645 Posts

I can take a better one later, it's parked down the road.

I car what they look like just not bothered about swapping out, can't be bothered. Just want a tyre that will pretty much do all year around.
A better picture will be more helpful especially near the brake caliper area.

If yours like mine in the below picture, 18" inch wheel is lowest you can go.

·
Registered
37 Posts

amazing! just my kind of stance...

I am waiting for a new Volvo V60 T6 Inscription with OEM 18'' and want to swap immediately to 19''...

wheels ordered: Concaver CVR-1 19 x 8.5 ET35

I don't want to lower my new car so I am debating between 45 or 40 height for tires...

will 245/45 R19 fit on my V60 and have this look? as initially I am thinking about getting 245/40 R19...

I would be very happy with it!

thanks

·
Registered
645 Posts
amazing! just my kind of stance...

I am waiting for a new Volvo V60 T6 Inscription with OEM 18'' and want to swap immediately to 19''...

wheels ordered: Concaver CVR-1 19 x 8.5 ET35

I don't want to lower my new car so I am debating between 45 or 40 height for tires...

will 245/45 R19 fit on my V60 and have this look? as initially I am thinking about getting 245/40 R19...

I would be very happy with it!

thanks
Yeah my S90 looks great with the higher sidewall although I'm not liking the black wheels. At least the car is comfortable and no more bent wheels. Definitely the ride reminding me of my old 2007 S80 with 17" wheels.

For V60, the OEM size is 235/45/18. If you are going with the 19, you can do 225/45/19 or 235/45/19.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah my S90 looks great with the higher sidewall although I'm not liking the black wheels. At least the car is comfortable and no more bent wheels. Definitely the ride reminding me of my old 2007 S80 with 17" wheels.

For V60, the OEM size is 235/45/18. If you are going with the 19, you can do 225/45/19 or 235/45/19.

thanks a lot! I think I will go for 235/45/19 as I am after comfort above everything.

·
Registered
645 Posts
thanks a lot! I think I will go for 235/45/19 as I am after comfort above everything.
Yeah if you don't care about speedo difference, you are fine. I recommend using the below website to check the difference in speedo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi, I have seen these

Any chance they will fit with the 7j?
No chance they will fit a S/V90, they're too small at 17" diam.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I seen 2017 s90 with the 17 inch rims but not sure what trim it was but it was not in US it was somewhere in Europe. however the official site does list 17 inch for 2017 s90 . my 2018 s90 long inscription could only fit 18th since had bigger brakes. The 18 inch from p3 platform is not as wide as 18 inch of the spa platform.

Reactions: Nerd23

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was saved from some stupid purchases by this thread: Fitting 18" Pegasus as winter wheels - spacers or... Thanks, ZZOINKS

TL : DR - the 346mm brakes require a very specific subset of wheels. Not al 18's will fit.
Some of the 90 series cars came with smaller Brakes, which may fit older generation 18's or new-gen 17's. but if you have the big 346's, you'll need an SPA-specific 18" or a test-fit.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hi, I have seen these

Any chance they will fit with the 7j?
Once you verify you have the smaller break calipers, you can check the below website to verify if the offset is convenient. You will see a helpful comparison between your old/new setup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts