SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I cut the harness for the subwoofer out of my wrecked 06 VR to put in my new 06 VR which isn’t pre wires for it. I know I should have removed the whole thing but the circumstances made that very challenging. The harness has two power, a ground, 4 speaker inputs, and a purple wire. I had a friend wire it up splicing into the existing harness. We spliced the grey speaker lines into the existing d pillar speaker lines. He found the red cable in the existing harness was 12 volts so we combined the two red power cables and spliced that into the red power on the already installed rear harness. (Is this my mistake). We wired the ground into the car battery ground. And the purple wire we ran into the third from the bottom blue wire on the black harness going into the ecm in the rear. Everything was wired well. The blue wire even tested correctly. But when I plugged the spliced harness into the woofer and tried the stereo we get nothing coming out of the woofer.

The speaker wires and ground have to be done right. That just leaves the way we did combined the red wires and spliced into the red on the existing harness or the way we spliced into the blue wire on the black harness on the ecm.

Thoughts? I really want to get this working? Other solutions or work around? I thought maybe it’s software, but I have an 06.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts