SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I went on a long road trip, and by the time we came back home, the car had this scratch.

Does anyone have any product suggestion that could help this scratch disappear?

Does Volvo sell each link separately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Maybe this product would work. I remember people using it on the displays of their 2010 Prius HVAC screen as the HVAC screen was 'cloudy' or hazy on the outside surface when the car first came out and it helped clear up the display without adversely affecting or scratching it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe this product would work. I remember people using it on the displays of their 2010 Prius HVAC screen as the HVAC screen was 'cloudy' or hazy on the outside surface when the car first came out and it helped clear up the display without adversely affecting or scratching it.
Sorry for being vague on which scratch I was talking about. I am actually worried about the "X" scratch that can be seen on the aluminum cover that goes on top of the cup holders. I guess that people with the wood setting have also experienced scratches. Is it possible to buy the independent links?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Sorry for being vague on which scratch I was talking about. I am actually worried about the "X" scratch that can be seen on the aluminum cover that goes on top of the cup holders. I guess that people with the wood setting have also experienced scratches. Is it possible to buy the independent links?

Yes, I know which scratch you were talking about. Is that actual bare metal or is it lacquered over with something? I was guessing it was 'protected' with something and not bare metal thus the product I linked to would probably work and not damage the surface. If it is bare metal, perhaps this: http://www.quixx.com/en/products/repair-system/all-metal-polish/product-information/

I do not know if you can purchase each individual 'slat' in the console cover separately or if it has to be purchased as a unit unfortunately.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I know which scratch you were talking about. Is that actual bare metal or is it lacquered over with something? I was guessing it was 'protected' with something and not bare metal thus the product I linked to would probably work and not damage the surface. If it is bare metal, perhaps this: http://www.quixx.com/en/products/repair-system/all-metal-polish/product-information/

I do not know if you can purchase each individual 'slat' in the console cover separately or if it has to be purchased as a unit unfortunately.
Thank you Paradox. To be honest, I don't know if it is bare metal or not. I will start by finding out.

Thank you for the product options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts