SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a 2016 XC90 Momentum Plus but am having a very hard time deciding on exterior and interior color choices.

What are your thoughts on Seville Gray with an Amber interior? The Seville goes well with Blond, but I am worried it's a little boring looking.

I was about to choose Magic Blue with Amber, but started to see too much purple in the blue. I would choose the Magic Blue if were a dark navy looking blue.

My other option is Onyx Black with Amber. I love this combination but and worried about the maintenance of keeping the black looking good.

Thoughts???

·
Registered
17 Posts
We love our color combination. Purple hue is subtle and most noticeable in bright sun. The "magic" of the blue is it's variable appearance in different levels of light. This is my wife's car and I would have chosen two additional options had it been mine: 20" rims and B&W stereo. She disliked the gun metal and "aggressive" look of the larger rims. She also didn't think she would appreciate/notice an upgraded sound system. Very personal decisions so good luck and enjoy your new XC90!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Grey with black interiors looks very good - very classic - I don't think the grey with amber would be very good (IMO)
Black with amber is a known great look for the XC90 (and for other cars - it is a a known great combo)
Dark Blue with amber should also look very good - I've seen this on other cars (not XC90) and it is very nice
Lighter Grey (a bit silvery) with blonde is a very "Lexus" look. Looks very ritzy. True grey with black is classic "sporty"

We have almost all black vehicles and I find the look almost unbeatable. White exteriors are the easiest to maintain and show fewer scratches. This is very important if you are going to machine wash exclusively and/or you are not going to wax your paint consistently. Black shows scratches more easily. Grey exteriors also show scratches easily and I find are just as hard to maintain as black.

I recommend get the color that you are attracted to the most and resolve to take care of the paint. I make sure I clean my paint and then apply several coats of a polymer based "wax" (carnuba looks awesome as a final coat but it is soft). I use wet Paint Glaze and I apply three coats (once per day for three days) whenever I 1st buy a new vehicle. Then, i apply another coat every month or two. After I have several coats on I allow myself to go through a machine (touch free) wash. I need to do this in the winter here in CO because it is often just too cold for me to hand wash.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Another decision you need to make is the charcoal headliner or blond headliner...........lots of decisions to make!!! And if you haven't figured it out yet, it's easy to second guess your decisions!!!
Enjoy the planning, it's all part of the fun...... :)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
What are your thoughts on Seville Gray with an Amber interior? The Seville goes well with Blond, but I am worried it's a little boring looking.

I was about to choose Magic Blue with Amber, but started to see too much purple in the blue. I would choose the Magic Blue if were a dark navy looking blue.

My other option is Onyx Black with Amber. I love this combination but and worried about the maintenance of keeping the black looking good.

Thoughts???
All three options are truly stunning.

Onyx with Amber is amazing but a large number of XC90s, out there, have already been sold with this combo, so very common,
Magic w/ Amber is also fantastic and quite a few of them are out there. Magic w/ Blonde/Black is a good looking car.

Finally, Savile Grey with Amber is very sporty, not as common and the contrast is simply superb.Savile would also look great with Blonde/Black but Amber provides the best contract.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts