SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Garmin StreetPilot i5 and would like to have a hard wire a power source to it. It will be mounted to the wind shield on the left side of the rear view with the included suction cup mount. It works well there, not in obstructing my field of vision and is in a good spot to glance at for the directions while keeping my eyes on the road. After splicing into the power I will run the plug end out of the edge of the head liner to plug into the unit. <p>I need help identifying which wires I can splice to draw the power from. If someone could point me to the right color or give me an idea which would be best that would be a great help.<p>Jerome<br>

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I sat in the driver seat today before getting out after a drive to ponder this question. One idea I had was that possibly I could use the power line that powers the seat belt lights because they only turn on when the ignition is on, turn off the moment you turn ignition off. Does anyone know if the power to them is set by some internal timer switch or linked to some computer that turns them off?<p>Jerome

1 - 2 of 2 Posts