SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's the deal. I've had the Pirelli P-zeros on the car for a while, but this time around I can not afford to pay for the Pirelli name. I am now debating between the Khumo Ecsta's or the Yokahama Parada line in the 205/45 17" size. Anyone have any experience with either of these. Any recommendations? <P>

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm in the same boat, Pirellis are way too fragile for Boston roads. One solution is a 225/45-17, the taller sidewall prevents the "pinch" between the rim and the road (or pothole) that blows the "weak" Pirelli sidewall. <BR>Kumho Ecstas seem to work well altho I didn't enjoy their "wiggly" sidewall. Good wet grip tho'...<BR>Yokohama is my first choice, will post results on my next tire of choice in a few months when my snows come off...<BR>Parada or Sport are my choices, will post a report once I purchase in the Spring... <P>Adam<BR>'96 855R Flam-Rod 116k<BR>K & N, SuperSprint, Bilstein

·
Registered
21 Posts
Go with either tirer as long as they have a wheel protector (flange) on it. Also look in to Summitomo tires they are very good handling tires too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've posted before about the Kumhos, which are good tyres for the money, but are outclassed by my present ones which are Michelin Pilot Sports - albeit at twice the price.<P>The Pilots ride and grip better and have a good-sized anti-kerbing bead; note another club member raves about his Yokos, though they aren't beaded as well as the Michelins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts