SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People

My V70 T5 wont go any fasther then 230 kmh (140 MPH)

This is afther the upgrade to R brake's and 245-35-18 tyre's :facepalm:

to wide tyre's maby ?? and heavy brake rottors ? :confused:

gReets sandeR

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
How fast was it before?

·
Registered
11,927 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Did you always have the 18" Pegs? If they went on w/the Brembos, I would look at the weight increase at each corner vs. what was on before. Don't forget each kg of unsprung weight equals 4 kg sprung weight.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Mine has gone north of 160 mph :p with 17" wheels and no R brakes, to boot!:p :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you always have the 18" Pegs? If they went on w/the Brembos, I would look at the weight increase at each corner vs. what was on before. Don't forget each kg of unsprung weight equals 4 kg sprung weight.
They went on with the Brembo

Before the Peg's i have this wheels and 225-40-18 tyres

gReets sandeR

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Irrelevant for a top-speed run. Top speed is HP vs drag. Weight plays pretty much no factor other than how many miles you'd need to hit top speed.

To the OP, if your new tires have fewer revs/mile then you've now got slightly taller gearing which may give you a reduced top speed if you're now hitting the aero-drag "wall" at a slightly lower HP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts