SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new here i just bought a 2001 s60 and when i got it the battery was dead so i jumpstarted the car and i took it home , the next day i started the car and open the sunroon and i tured off the car and left the door open causing the charge to leave the battery now i jump started the car and the sun roof wont close or the dome lights turn on with the button. did it blow a fuse ? what can i do and by the way its my first volvo

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Lock and unlock three times with remote, it should reset it.

If not, disconect the battery. Put key in position II (on steering column). Then reconnect battery. This reset everything in the whole car, including the sunroof.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
That should do it. If not, take it to a volvo shop with VIDA and they can reset things.

Battery issues cause these cars to go weird. If you have repeated problems, start by replacing the battery.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
check engine

my check engine came on and also a warning about a a light bulb falure ir somthing and the scanner is saying its the cat and befor i go replacing the whole thing i want to make sure if its somthing else like maybe a sensor and how do i fix that headlight problem

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
As for the light, changing the bulb should fix it. For the cat issue I'd have a shop pull the codes and do some diagnostics.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I was always under the impression that you had to lock/unlock the car three times using the key in the door. As for the check engine light, I would guess some sensor didn't like losing power. You can always drive it for a week to see if it resets itself, or disconnect the battery for 15 mins like previously mentioned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've tried both the battery reset, unlock lock three times, and tried tripping the siren (my siren has never worked, but the sunroof has until now). None of these resets helped get the sunroof to open again, any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts