SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I was going to change my spark plugs on my 07 v8 xc90 today. Wont be able to get to mechanic until next month. Truck runs fine, but plugs are well over 60K miles in (truck has 120k total).

I bought Bosch Iridium plugs from autozone specified for my vehicle...pregapped.

Is there an issue if use these plugs versus the stock OEM batch. I wont be able to get the new plugs in time for my appt.

Can I use these plugs without issue?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have always heard (and used) OEM with the exception of my 850 N/A which ran best on the $2 bosch coppers :thumbup:

I have seen most people say stick to OEM, and someone always pops in and says they have used XYZ with no problem, I would just keep an eye on how it runs and pay close attention for codes. FCP or IPD probably had a good deal on OEM's. My XC90 is 2.5 not V8 so i can't say for sure.

If it's not running poorly and you are worried, order the OEM's and do it next week. I

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I'd go with OEMs too, assuming the engine is otherwise stock. It feels like using the "wrong" plugs would do more damage than running your old plugs another month (or just buying the OEM ones and changing those in a week).

·
Registered
151 Posts
The OEM are Denso. Pull a plug from the front that's easy to access. Cross ref the part number. The original Volvo plugs had a Denso part number.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
If someone could get a Denso PN off a plug, that would be good. Their web page notes 5 part numbers (Standard >> Iridium Power) as applicable to the B8444S.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
FWIW, just got a set of OEM plugs for my '08 in the mail today. Marked on porcelain VOLVO, on the metal side 8687990 IFR6B11 JAPAN.

Paid $63.54 before shipping from Lisle (ordered some other parts as well so shipping got combined).

Go figure...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts