SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your advice!!! Considering a '98 V70...60K miles. Base model, nothing extra except the leather. Looks like a great car but not sure about some of the reviews I've been reading. Love the look but don't want to spend more time in the shop than on the road. :)<P>I've heard a lot about the brakes, alignment and the electrical system going bad and want to get some real firsthand feedback. What problems have you experienced at this mileage range and beyond?<P>Any suggestions???? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
hi,<P>I have a 98 V70 T5 with 55K miles on it and no problems whatsoever. The alignment needs to be checked on a regular basis, just like an other car. I recommend you let a volvo dealer do it, as my experience with regular tire shops isn't that good when it comes to alignment on that car. Other than that, the brakes are fine and no electrical problems to date (knocking on wood). <P>On a side note, I just recently sold my 95 850 wagon 5 speed (base model) with 115K miles on, NEVER had ONE problem with that car. I look forward to the same thing with my 98 V70.<P>Good luck<P>Tony<P>98 V70 T5M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts