SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advise. My rear bumper has two scratch mark (1/4 to 1/2 inch each). It happened when I had the car parked at a local parking lot (I hate that). It's a metallic silver c70. Any advise on what options I have on repairing it. Thanks.<P>

·
Registered
305 Posts
You could try an Autosharp Pen...you'll see the add at the top.<P>If you want the scratches totally removed, call up the high end dealerships in your area and ask if they have a touch up guy that air brushes out scratches.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deleonl1:<BR><B>You could try an Autosharp Pen...you'll see the add at the top.<P>If you want the scratches totally removed, call up the high end dealerships in your area and ask if they have a touch up guy that air brushes out scratches.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Thanks for the advice. I forgot to mention that these sratches were a couple cm thick and took off the paint (it's black in color underneath). I called one dealership and they told me to call a certain bodyshop. The bodyshop insisted(over the phone) that the whole bumper would have to be painted for around $300 (ouch).<BR>I am going to call the other dealer in the area and see if they can air brush the scratches. What do you think. Thanks. <BR>

·
Registered
305 Posts
I wouldn't paint the whole bumper. Just keep trying the dealerships in your area...someone has to do air brush touch up. A co-worker of mine just had his bumper of his Subaru touched up and you can't even tell the scratches were there. From the description of your scratches, they sound the same as my co-workers. He had pretty big scratches and the paint was taken off to the primer. He had his bumper fixed at the Subaru dealer he bought the car. I'm thinking about taking my V70R there for a little touch up of myself.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would still try the Autosharp pen. It works great and you can put as much as you need or as little as you need. Also Langka.com has some great products. Good luck!<P>Glen<P>

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your ideas guys. I have actually been trying a few dealerships around here to look into air brushing, and I have also talked to the the guys at Langka.com. Where can I get the autosharp pen from?<P>Thanks again for all the input.<P>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts