SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, Wife had the car the other day. Now I always keep some quarters in the little
"well" located just behind the parking break on the center consol.

Well wife decided to put her lip gloss on top of this and it apparently was pointing up. When she pulled the parking brake the lever hit the lip gloss and ramed the little piece of plastic that makes the
bottom of the well + the coins + the lip gloss down into the center tunnel between the seats.

Now I can reach in with surgical forcips and grasp the part but can not fish it or the coins back up through the hole.

So I believe I need to remove the trim piece at the back of the consol. I have located two screws at the back of the trim piece under the arm rest. And when I take them loose the rear of the trim piece seems to get a little loose but the front end seems to be firmly still attached and I don't want to force it.

So is there some trick to removing this piece of trim. Also don't know if it makes a difference but I have the light oak trim

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,145 Posts
Easy job, if you remove the waterfall center console you'll probably see the other screws that you need to remove. Then you should be able to reach (or use some grabber thing to reach) anything that's back there. Just follow the link in my sig to the How to Videos, and you'll find step-by-step removal for the pieces that need to come out.

My car is currently taken apart on the inside, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you can't figure it out, take a picture of the area that you're trying to remove, and I'll see if I can come up with a video for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts