SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Just ordered my new XC90 Inscription and have a few more weeks to decide on the colour. I'm really struggling and need some advice. I'm probably between Magic Blue, Osmium Grey, Electric Silver and Crystal White. Any comments or advice will be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
My vote would be Magic Blue. That's what my Black Inscription would have been had I ordered to spec. I love the black too, but Magic Blue was very high on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I vote Crystal White!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Luminous Sand ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
I cannot imagine how whatever anyone says on this forum will help you decide;)

Bit like asking, ..Which woman shall I marry?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I ordered crystal white, but I think Luminous Sand is a better color. A lighter color should make you more visible.
I saw a bronze from a distance, but was confused about the color (looked brown).

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Park inside or out?
Car going to be dirty mostly or very clean?

I park outside, so Black and Magic Blue were out immediately. Ended up with Osmium Grey, but would have been ok with any silver or white.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
What is the interior color you selected???

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
When I read the OP question - all I could think of is the Monthy Python skit where the bridge keeper asks (as one of the questions to pass) what is your favourite colour ... blue, no ... (RT ~1:25)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWS8Mg-JWSg

Thankfully we don't have as many colours to choose from as there were available with the C30!

My 2013 XC90 was the silver metallic - I really liked that colour. My 2016 T8 XC90 is luminous sand metallic - and that was a hard decision ... maybe 50/50. The luminous sand was one of the all new XC90 launch colours ... so that's probably why I went with that.

I like white - but too hard to keep clean IMO ... and I'd never buy a black vehicle.

But really isn't a vehicle colour choice subjective and personal? The world would be a difficult place to live in if we all liked the same colour :)

As someone else pointed out - also consider the inside scheme as well. For me, black is out -- and there were only two other choices. I got the wood steering wheel ... and have the blond seats with charcoal carpet. (I would have preferred something not so blond as blond - just not a lot of choices!)

Congrads on the order!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
definitely Ember Black Metallic. Do a search, you will see.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have the Crystal White Metallic, so you can't have that one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi All. Just ordered my new XC90 Inscription and have a few more weeks to decide on the colour. I'm really struggling and need some advice. I'm probably between Magic Blue, Osmium Grey, Electric Silver and Crystal White. Any comments or advice will be greatly appreciated!!
I just ordered an Xc90 Inscription myself. I decided to go with the Twilight Bronze exterior and Amber interior...I went to a few dealerships in the area to see as many colours as I could in person and the Twilight Bronze just worked for me.

Out of your options the Midnight Blue was also high on my list and was probably my second choice...that said if you have multiple dealerships within a reasonable driving distance I would suggest that you drive around and see the colours in person as only you can truly make that final call and you will be better able to do so if you see them all in person :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Here are my top five colors in descending order: Crystal White Metallic, Luminous Sand, Passion Red, Magic Blue, Electric Silver, ... Should I keep going?

Be aware that a last minute change to interior color could adversely impact your build. An exterior color change may not affect the original build date. Also, the LDOC can move up without notice and you will be locked in, unless you cancel and re-start the process. GrecianVolvo commented in other threads on items that can affect your build date if you make last minute changes. See Comment #22 in thread http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...0-Ordering-Experience&highlight=options+delay

Good luck.

P.S.: My wife helped me affirm my decision. She always wanted a Metallic white and I actually wanted it too since I have had black, red, and grey in my past.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well, I was originally on for Passion Red, but after sitting in an R-Design cabin, I decided I liked the Inscription interior considerably more. If I could have gotten a Passion Red Inscription, I probably would have gone with that, but because of Volvo's peculiar color/trim level bundles, I couldn't.

I ended up with Ember Black, which is a lovely color, IMO, although it doesn't photograph as well as some others. I also went with charcoal seats and a black headliner, rounding out my Darth Volvo XC90 T8.

·
Registered
174 Posts
We purchased our Inscription Crystal White with the Charcoal interior and 21" 8-spoke wheels. It is truly stunning in person!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you to everybody who posted. As one correctly pointed out, colour is a personal choice but no harm in gathering as much opinion as possible. My heart was telling me Crystal White and it's got enough favourable comment for that to be my decision. Cheers...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:beer:
Thank you to everybody who posted. As one correctly pointed out, colour is a personal choice but no harm in gathering as much opinion as possible. My heart was telling me Crystal White and it's got enough favourable comment for that to be my decision. Cheers...

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I pondered a lot about the colour too. I excluded black (for me personally too dark and rather "mafioso" :) , then also white (too plain and nowadays so many white cars). Silver - a bit boring , everybody has it ... Brown I have now on my XC70 ... I like the light blue, but was told it is only for R-design ... So in the end - luminous sand was the only choice :) It looks so much better in reality than on the pictures (not really very well made simulation in the configurator). So I ordered luminous sand ...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts