SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking the starter on my moms 99 V70XC needs to be replaced..
She said that in the past she had to sometimes try starting it a couple times and described it as slowly going bad over the last month. there is a clicking noise when attempting to start it just nothing turning over. Battery is good and all the lights work

If anyone can help me out I am wondering if there is a way I can manually start the car to drive it in to get repaired. someone suggested tapping the starter with a small screw driver end- Does that work on Volvos? I also am not sure where the starter is located and am struggling to find a good picture online showing it.

Any help would be great!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
This is such a simple replacement, why not just buy a new starter if your convinced that's what it needs, and DIY! It's two bolts and a couple of wires to R & R.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clearly you didn't read this part of my post above--> I also am not sure where the starter is located and am struggling to find a good picture online showing it.

I would love to do it myself if possible and that is why I posted for some information and HELP since I have never done this repair...

·
Registered
3,788 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just because your lights work doesn't mean you dont have a low battery. Have you had it tested?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts