SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I‘m interested in purchasing a 2004 Volvo C70. It’s an LT model and a soft top convertible, with 55,000 miles on the odometer and only a single owner. Body and interior wise the car is in phenomenal shape and it seems to have been garaged it’s whole life. The car fax comes back clean and an extensive service history is provided. The list of things recently replaced at a Volvo dealership are as follows: Front and rear brakes, brake pads, tires, brake light bulbs, sway bar link, strut mounts, tie rod ends, coolant sensors, front struts, wiper blades, battery, radio antenna, oil, and oil filter.
I was wondering what the general reliability and durability I could expect from a car of this model and year, and what I might expect to service or fix over the course of the next 3-5 years, common problems is what I’m curious about. Any replies are appreciated, thanks in advance for any help provided.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sounds like a good car.
When was timing belt changed, every 10years or 120K miles. If t-belt fails the valves hit the pistons. You can un latch and pry up plastic cover and look for cracks in t-belt.
Replace t-belt if unknown history, the front cam seals behind the t-belt are probably leaking also.
The soft top. It works until it does not. The micro switches can fail to Hyd pump ect.
You need the old school Volvo hand held scan tool to diagnose any roof issues.
Most of the older techs that worked on these are retired out of the business.
The new techs will not know how to diagnose or use the scan tool if the dealership still has the tool and it works.
Remember this, you are buying the un-used part of a used car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts