·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing water pump and have removed it's 7 bolts but can not get it out

Auto part Engine Pipe Vehicle Fuel line

Another view:

Auto part Engine Vehicle

It may come out if I could remove Rear Timing gear casing, the #7 in below photo, I have removed the casing 3 bolts but it is holding
tight to engine, have no idea how to detach it, appreciate help from any who have replaced s40 water pump.

Text Auto part Line art Automotive engine part

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
The image either didn't upload or I can't see it on mobile (But I can see your other uploads) But there's no o-ring. The water pump uses a paper gasket.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again, how many inches can the engine jacked up or down safely? My s40 engine is held from under by wood blocks at same height that it was when right engine mount was bolted.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
You're gonna need to move it up and down to do the timing belt. Use a jack with a block of wood to raise and lower it as needed. It won't fall out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could replace the fixed height block of woods with hydraulic jack.
Easier to lift the right side of car by hydraulic jack and and let the engine stay at sane height, would this work same as jacking up/down the engine?

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
However you want to do it, you're going to have a hell of a time doing it without moving the engine though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all done, jacked up car and installed water pump and belt.
Now have trouble adjusting tensioner temp, to reach it , need a long handle 6mm allen key, hard to get tool, rachet and 6mm drive does not fit spacing.
The way I understand adjusting procedure is: use allen key to turn tensioner handle to 10 O clock then turn the temp marker to center and tighten the tensioner center bolt to 18 ft-lb,
Is that correct?
I will order long handle 6mm allen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts