SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

So I just came back from service. From 8AM till 5PM my car was in. Got it back with nothing really fixed. I have a couple of problems but I start with the one I know for sure they didn't fix:

Bought the car in Feb, 2019 XC90. My SiriusXM sub ended a month ago. Every single day I see the message that my sub ended. I can't clear it. The technician today literally told me that's how it's suppose to be for the rest of my life with the car I will see that message.

Since he is clearly not thinking right, and it took them 9 hours to give me this stupid answer, I'm asking for your help. Did anyone experience this and solve it?

I also noticed the appointment message isn't going away although my appointment already happened.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Not normal to me. I never see the SiriusXM message and I never used it. The appointment reminder also never come back after I scheduled the appointment from Sensus Car Status app.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Not normal to me. I never see the SiriusXM message and I never used it. The appointment reminder also never come back after I scheduled the appointment from Sensus Car Status app.
Did you have SiriusXM activated at delivery?

I have the same problem. On mine, XM seemed to have been an 18mo sub and now it's been reminding me it's expired since then for months. It's quite annoying.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Did you have SiriusXM activated at delivery?

I have the same problem. On mine, XM seemed to have been an 18mo sub and now it's been reminding me it's expired since then for months. It's quite annoying.
I don't even know I had XM. :) It is 16 months since local delivery. If it pops message everyday, enough people should have seen it.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I don't even know I had XM. :) It is 16 months since local delivery. If it pops message everyday, enough people should have seen it.

I think early SPA cars came with 4yrs of Sirius, but again they would need to have been activated. I'll have to look for my paperwork and see if perhaps mine expired prematurely. I could at least see if I can postpone the messages until a fix comes out. Had I known I would have asked ahead of time not to have mine activated. When I took delivery stateside it was activated by the time I arrived. If I'd been asked I would have declined. What's frustrating is I was told I would not get harassed by XM to renew - at the time I was only thinking either via SPAM or prank calls. I had no idea I'd get harassed every time I start the car instead!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, activated at delivery. I wrote to volvo today. This is really unacceptable answer from dealer. I'll keep you posted once I get an answer.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I think early SPA cars came with 4yrs of Sirius, but again they would need to have been activated. I'll have to look for my paperwork and see if perhaps mine expired prematurely. I could at least see if I can postpone the messages until a fix comes out. Had I known I would have asked ahead of time not to have mine activated. When I took delivery stateside it was activated by the time I arrived. If I'd been asked I would have declined. What's frustrating is I was told I would not get harassed by XM to renew - at the time I was only thinking either via SPAM or prank calls. I had no idea I'd get harassed every time I start the car instead!
FYI. Sirius XM Radio was a complimentary 6-month or 1-year subscription. The Sirius XM Traffic / Travel Link is the complimentary 4-year subscription. These are two different subscriptions. This was true for MY16 XC90s. Some plans might have changed in subsequent years.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Yeah, activated at delivery. I wrote to volvo today. This is really unacceptable answer from dealer. I'll keep you posted once I get an answer.
I had Sirius (never used it, it's garbage) and upon expiration, I believe only got the expiration message once. Never seen it since, three years later.
So there's a solution; you just haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I used the XM radio during its trial, left it to expire, renewed it once, and left it to expire again. I don't recall a persistent message.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: dealer went MIA. I wrote telling them this is not normal, they never responded. Contacted Volvo USA, I'm getting one reply a day, really slow, and every time they ask one random question about the message I'm seeing... So no real progress, but from the questions it seems the Volvo folks also don't think this is normal. Just my dealer...

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Not normal from my experience on any car. Could you contact Sirius to have your ID removed from their system? That would not fixed the service appointment reminder.

How about checking your system clock and calendar settings? They should be on automatic (except those in AZ who need to deal with non DST).

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Update: dealer went MIA. I wrote telling them this is not normal, they never responded. Contacted Volvo USA, I'm getting one reply a day, really slow, and every time they ask one random question about the message I'm seeing... So no real progress, but from the questions it seems the Volvo folks also don't think this is normal. Just my dealer...
Have you tried calling your dealer and talking to the service manager? Email is easy to ignore.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you tried calling your dealer and talking to the service manager? Email is easy to ignore.
Update: the dealer replied saying that they talked to the lead technician on site and he is saying there is nothing they can do, and that's how it is suppose to be. Funny enough it was at the exact time Volvo USA replied saying this is unusual and they are trying to figure out why this is happening. I told that to the dealer so now the service manager wants to see me... I'n 2 weeks.... I used to have an Honda for 16 years, service was way better. One would think when you pay so much for a car service will be above and beyond. Live and learn I guess

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
A good dealer is a good dealer, no matter the cost of the vehicle. There's plenty of bad dealers selling luxury vehicles.

Do you have other options in your area? You don't list a location in your profile.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A good dealer is a good dealer, no matter the cost of the vehicle. There's plenty of bad dealers selling luxury vehicles.

Do you have other options in your area? You don't list a location in your profile.
You are correct. I guess I just miss my Honda service person 🙂
I have many options yes, one relatively close (20 minutes) and a couple more within an hour or an hour and a half away (a bit far but doable). This dealer is just the closest and the one I purchased the car from so expected more 😕

I actually went in with 4 things and today I discovered none of them were fixed, yet my car was there for exactly 9 hours! I'll write a different thread with the other problems, maybe folks have experience and can help. The car is only 4 months at my possession so it's really annoying but these things happen so I'm really not upset by the bugs, I'm upset by the dealer.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I actually went in with 4 things and today I discovered none of them were fixed, yet my car was there for exactly 9 hours! I'll write a different thread with the other problems, maybe folks have experience and can help. The car is only 4 months at my possession so it's really annoying but these things happen so I'm really not upset by the bugs, I'm upset by the dealer.
I recommend writing your issues down and printing a couple of copies. Give one to the service advisor and have him leave one in the car. Write down exactly what's wrong, when it happens and how to replicate it. I found that many times the service advisor was taking my complaints verbally, but not writing anything down. Who KNOWS what the actual technician was told about the issue. Since I've started being overly clear, my success at correcting issues increased a lot.

Contact them and express that things were not corrected, then give them another shot. For some reason, many dealers need multiple chances.
If not fixed again, I'd go after the service manager, involving the salesman who sold you the car for poor service.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update: Volvo USA support contacted me back again saying they have no clue how to make my messages go away. The only solution they can think of is to give me Sirius XM radio subscription so the message will literally go away 😕 I told them there is more messages, not just this. Waiting to hear back

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Update: Volvo USA support contacted me back again saying they have no clue how to make my messages go away. The only solution they can think of is to give me Sirius XM radio subscription so the message will literally go away 😕 I told them there is more messages, not just this. Waiting to hear back
Sounds need the developer team to help. Support team only knows about known issues.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts