SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
...is the amber going to be tough to keep clean?
I had the amber (blond) interior with a young girl and a dog for three years, never regretted the decision! I agree with others not preferring black interiors.

I had Napa leather, while soft to the touch, it is tough and very easy to clean. My recommendation is that you clean it on weekly basis if you're going to have your dogs in and out of the back seat often, don't let the dirt sit for too long.
If you wear black or blue jeans often, you will want to clean your driver seat on monthly basis, the dye from the jeans does transfer easily.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have the Amber interior. No issues so far keeping it clean - and I am in and out in dirty jeans, etc when at our cottage and often transport my daughter's dog - 70 pound lab/rottweiler who is very outdoorsy - i.e. often wet and dirty (although I have a seat cover for the back seat.) I use the Volvo leather cleaning and conditioning products - have given the seats a good cleaning and conditioning once a year - and spot cleaning as required. No problems and seats look as good as new.

As far as getting the perforated ventilated seats - I would recommend getting simply because of the massage function (is this still bundled?) - the massage is great, especially on a longer drive. The ventilation is nice - but I find that it's not that noticeable unless on high.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ventilation is life.
I now can't live without.

It's not noticeable as it sucks air instead of blowing, but you don't have the wet back even though you didn't notice it was on. It's marvellous

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
687 Posts
Found this picture in one of our road trip adventures. I wasn't ready for her to come to the front but, after ~1,500 miles (Chicago to Big Bend and around there), she was tired of being a rear seat passenger. Seat got dirty for the trip, but it was easily cleaned when we got to Houston (our 2-week stop).
Car Dog Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
791 Posts
I'm a fan of blonde or amber interiors, the charcoal interior with a black headliner is like sitting in a cave. As for dirt, ALL of the colors get equally dirty, the charcoal may not show it, but it is still dirty. The benefit to having a blonde or amber seat get dirty is that you actually see the dirt and can clean it. In a Charcoal interior the dirt is unseen and just transfers to your clothes.

Reactions: SilverStreak177

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M -- 2019 V90CC T6
2,822 Posts
I'm a fan of blonde or amber interiors, the charcoal interior with a black headliner is like sitting in a cave. As for dirt, ALL of the colors get equally dirty, the charcoal may not show it, but it is still dirty. The benefit to having a blonde or amber seat get dirty is that you actually see the dirt and can clean it. In a Charcoal interior the dirt is unseen and just transfers to your clothes.
Exactly. Agree with everything you said there.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts