SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning: slightly long<br>So I've had my 1999 C70 for a couple of years and for the most part I have enjoyed it. I posted over a year and half ago about a rattle problem as I ride over the smallest of bumps that I was having that sounded as if it were coming from under the car (dealership claimed problem with window). Of course, that wasn't the fix and most recently another dealership assessed the problem to be the sway bars. They fixed it, I paid ($200+), and the rattle continues. The dealership before returning the car mentioned that the bars were part of the problem but that a clunk would still be present after the fix. Fair enough. Then they said my 'non-volvo shocks' [bilstein shocks] that I had installed were too stiff and were the cause of the remaining clunk (which actually is the same damn rattle). It was suggested that I redo the shocks with Volvo OEM shocks (which they priced at about $2200 for front and rear) so as not to have this rattle. As expected I am bit confused and disturbed. My question is: how valid is the dealership's claim?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: help me out people. (tigger4mayor)

I can offer to take a look at the car and let you know what the deal is. I could go on and on about the dealership's reply...but we all know where that is going to lead...<p><br>So I am almost always in Rockville...we're not too far away if you want to meet sometime. Hit me off list and we can chat about the details.<p>Cheers,<br>Prospero

1 - 3 of 3 Posts