SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really, really, really want to love my Volvo. Please help me. Cuz I don't right now and the *%^&% thing was expensive.

Item 1: My iPhone 7+ does not charge when plugged into the USB port enabled for AppleCar Play. It could be the cable (Apple OEM) or the charging port on the phone itself, but everything seems to work fine from the other USB port in the console (except then I don't have CarPlay!!). It also charges fine from the 12V port in the tunnel.

Has anyone else experienced this? This is a 2018 XC60 T8 Inscription w/ Convenience, Vision, and Advanced pkgs.

Secondary question: it appears that all USB and 12V ports are live even when the car is off? Do they stay that way even after the car is locked?

Tertiary question: the owner's manual says I have a 120V outlet behind the center console. I don't see it. Nor do I see any USB ports in the back seat or a 12V port in the cargo area. Are they hidden somewhere?

Thanks!!
-Will

·
Registered
78 Posts
I really, really, really want to love my Volvo. Please help me. Cuz I don't right now and the *%^&% thing was expensive.

Item 1: My iPhone 7+ does not charge when plugged into the USB port enabled for AppleCar Play. It could be the cable (Apple OEM) or the charging port on the phone itself, but everything seems to work fine from the other USB port in the console (except then I don't have CarPlay!!). It also charges fine from the 12V port in the tunnel.

Has anyone else experienced this? This is a 2018 XC60 T8 Inscription w/ Convenience, Vision, and Advanced pkgs.

Secondary question: it appears that all USB and 12V ports are live even when the car is off? Do they stay that way even after the car is locked?

Tertiary question: the owner's manual says I have a 120V outlet behind the center console. I don't see it. Nor do I see any USB ports in the back seat or a 12V port in the cargo area. Are they hidden somewhere?

Thanks!!
-Will
For item 1 I had a similar problem where the vehicle didn’t set up my iPhone correctly. After that, it wouldn’t work at all. To solve it, I reset the profile to factory, and then added the phone as a new device. Can’t remember the menu exactly but it said something about factory reset.

Not sure on items 2 and 3 as on my 2019 T8, the 12 volt plugs are on the center console for the back seat and in the storage area of the rear compartment on the driver’s side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appears to work now

I reset everything I could find to reset, including deleting previous phones that had been connected (must of been from test drives). All seems to be working now... My Volvo love meter just went up a notch thanks to you!

But then odd things happened today... (new thread)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts