SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of my hoses are still pretty fresh but I have a couple of them to replace while my block is out. This isn't my engine bay but this photo shows the part I'm looking for clearly. Can anybody identify it?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Evap purge valve.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks. Either of you know where the other end of the hose mounted to the front of it goes to? The diagrams don't paint a clear picture.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I would guess it goes right into the intake hose there just below where it connects to the intake manifold, but don't take that as the final word.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
^^
It does go into the intake vacuum hose assembly. The front hose drops down and goes to the fuel tank.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^
It does go into the intake vacuum hose assembly. The front hose drops down and goes to the fuel tank.
Thanks for that. I had a chat with the guys at Tasca. It's a two part hose, 8677630 and 9497580.

I'm not sure why mine is missing but I'll try to figure out how it's routed before it arrives.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Make sure to check the check valves on the hose assembly between the manifold, intake and evap valve. They will usually break down over time which can create vacuum and boost leaks.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts