SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i noticed it today for the first time. I was getting my car wash and right before the entrance of the wash i had to make a slight right turn so I let the car role and stepped on the brakes to put it to complete stop. The car made a sound like my brakes where wet. So car wash done i tested it on the street brakes no sound what so ever. So im getting home steeper hill parking spot open at the bottom I let the car role and make the right into the spot same noise like wet brakes. Put car in reverse trying to duplicate the noise driving around. Nothing happened parked in the same spot no noise. Should I be worried or what can cause this?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
pull your wheels and check your pads if you have doubt, or have a reputable shop do it. just make sure too see for your self and not get dooped.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing is the brakes were not wet the first time around. I dont know I will listen and see what happens.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Had something similar happen to me. It was a broken/bent return spring due to some idiots at the shop not doing my brakes correctly (which is why I'll be doing my own in the near future).

Not exactly sure this is your issue, but this happened at very low speeds, like you described and I thought it was weather-related at first. In addition, pulling into a parking space, backing out, etc.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well hasnt done it in the last few days sooo I will name it freak accident.

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
My brakes will occasionally do this in the mornings or when wet; sometimes vibrates the car a little too. I wouldn't be too concerned if it hasn't continued. Maybe just some soap got in there as you were approaching the car wash or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts