SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All,

I need to order some goods but am having some issue... all IPD's tune-up kits (condenser, rotor, cap, etc.) as well as their Pertronix upgrade kits list applicable Bosch distributor part numbers but I cannot find my number(s) listed - does anyone have or know of a table to cross-index these?

This would be for my '66 122s, the Bosch part numbers stamped on it are as follows:

JFU4 ---->

Any and all help is appreciated!
Ross

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, firstly, thanks George... seems like I need to contact IPD and have them assemble a custom kit for me.

In reading through the threads and additional links it sounds like this model distributor has a vacuum advance whereas the original might have had a vacuum retard... just wondering what this might imply for the running of my 122s as I have always had big problems getting it to idle correctly (in fact I have not got it to do so as of yet).

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
OK, firstly, thanks George... seems like I need to contact IPD and have them assemble a custom kit for me.

In reading through the threads and additional links it sounds like this model distributor has a vacuum advance whereas the original might have had a vacuum retard... just wondering what this might imply for the running of my 122s as I have always had big problems getting it to idle correctly (in fact I have not got it to do so as of yet).
Save your money and get a lightly-used bolt-in Bosch distributor with no vacuum controls from one of the suppliers listed here...

http://www.v1800reg.org/pages/DEALERS.html

and also...

http://www.swedishengineering.com/speclist.htm

George Dill

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks George! Is there a particular type, year or part number which would be the ideal one for my B18?

Please excuse my complete ignorance here... I prefer to have a basic idea of what I need before talking to the parts supplier.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Thanks George! Is there a particular type, year or part number which would be the ideal one for my B18?

Please excuse my complete ignorance here... I prefer to have a basic idea of what I need before talking to the parts supplier.
Depending on who you call you'll be talking to guys (and one lady) with many years of Volvo B18/20 experience (that's why they have the parts) and these folks will do you straight once you share your needs.

A used Bosch distributor (WITH NO VACUUM CONTROLS) in good condition and ready to install (with your Pertronix kit) will not be cheap. Buying off eBay is risky and trusting an unknown source can cost money needlessly.

Best bets...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris Buscher Ph/Fax (315) 637-3840
--
Susquehanna Spares, (717) 921-2644 ; 122/1800 parts, Joe Lazenby owner
--
Don Thibault, 372 Route 6A, East Sandwich, Mass. 02537 (508) 888-9715
--
John Adamchak : Has many parts for 1800's and other Volvos call 732-681-7682
--
Lii Montgomery : Used parts and some rebuilt stuff . Call 505-763-6134
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George Dill

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
John Adamchak has died and his wife has done a VALIANT job of disposing of thousands of Volvo parts, through garage sales, ebay, etc.
Not sure how you guys missed this!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts