SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was driving my 2006 S60R last night and pulled out onto a main road. When i was driving to get it up to speed i felt it lag and drop in "power". It takes a while to get up to 60 and it wants to stay in a high rpm until it shifts. It doesn't shift hard though. The temperature gauge is all the way to the left and wont read any temperature at all.

This morning i was hoping that it would be better. It wasn't. It usually idles at the 2,000 rpm for about 30 seconds before it drops to about 1,000-800 rpm. When i started it this morning it just went right to the 800-1,000 rpm range instead of the 2,000 rpm warm up.

Help! Any ideas as to what it might be? Any idea of the cost to fix the issue? I'm going to bring it in to someone but i want to be able to go in with some sort of idea as to what might be wrong.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Most likely what you'll need is a new Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor and a software update. This issue with 06 Rs has been discussed many times over the years. Here is an early example: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?146448-Temp-gauge-not-working-sluggish-accelleration

There is a tech net note (TNN) that addresses this issue: TNN-28-67 - "to resolve this concern upgrade the engine managament software using the ecm upgrade option in VIDA. use software product number 30677021 (ecm upgrade)"

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Most likely what you'll need is a new Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor and a software update. This issue with 06 Rs has been discussed many times over the years. Here is an early example: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?146448-Temp-gauge-not-working-sluggish-accelleration

There is a tech net note (TNN) that addresses this issue: TNN-28-67 - "to resolve this concern upgrade the engine managament software using the ecm upgrade option in VIDA. use software product number 30677021 (ecm upgrade)"

Cheers,

Jeff
Before you pay for all that just try resetting the ECU.

I've had this issue pop up twice in the 5 years/90K miles I've driven my car. The two times were well over a year apart, and it's been over a year since the 2nd time as well. Resetting the ECU cures it for a long enough time that I don't care to throw money at it. I'd say it's worth a try as a first step for anyone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Pardon my ignorance - when you say resetting the ECU, does that mean disconnecting the battery, or is there a more involved process? I've had this problem come up, and solve itself after a day, but would like to know how to reset the ECU if it ever happens again.

Thanks - jb

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Pardon my ignorance - when you say resetting the ECU, does that mean disconnecting the battery, or is there a more involved process? I've had this problem come up, and solve itself after a day, but would like to know how to reset the ECU if it ever happens again.

Thanks - jb
Pull fuses 6 and 23 from the Engine bay....I think this is for 2004 only but there are 2 fuses as well in the engine bay of 2005+ that work the same magic.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! That was a great help. I will try these things and let you know how it goes. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Just to review --- your car was sick, but didn't have a temperature, so you put it to bed hoping it'd wake up feeling better.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Pulled the 3 fuses and it worked like a charm. Thanks!!
What three fuses? Yo we're only suppose to pull #6 and #23 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What three fuses? Yo we're only suppose to pull #6 and #23 lol
I looked in my car's book and i pulled all the ones that went to the engine control module. I believe they were fuses #10, 19, 12. I have a 2006 which is different than the 04-05 models

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I looked in my car's book and i pulled all the ones that went to the engine control module. I believe they were fuses #10, 19, 12. I have a 2006 which is different than the 04-05 models
i'm sure '04 and '05 are different as well. glad that worked for you, gotta love the is forum :beer:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts