SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry just a noob. Can anyone provide me tips on removing the coil connector without breaking the brittle plastic bits. My coil connector has been in there for 85k miles untouched.

What are the steps to prevent breakage? Firstly, am I suppose to slide out the black plastic thing (see arrow in picture) around the grey socket? Next gently press to release the clip?

Appreciate any insights. Thanks!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sometimes a think screwdriver under the plastic clip helps, because the plastic seems to get heat hardened, and doesn't really want to come off of the little nob that holds it in place. GENTLY lift the plastic clip with the screwdriver, and push down on the release portion, and pull the plug out at the same time. Agree, the coil looks cracked, replace it, before you start getting a ton of misfires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. I will try it as soon as my replacement coils comes in. The crack is not reassuring and I've used some super glue over it. Seems to be holding up but I have some intermittent starting problem when it is hot. So time for preventive maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts