SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, I was hoping that you could lend me your expertise, to identify the options on this Used V90. It is the closest option to me, but still a couple hours' drive. And since it is a Mercedes Dealership, and not a Volvo dealer, they probably don't know all the ins & outs of the options and packages. I've created a list of options, going by what is offered in 2019. I don't know how it might have been different in 2018, so please correct me if I am missing anything.

Here is the link to the listing: https://www.mbgreensboro.com/used/Volvo/2018-Volvo-V90-41b423720a0e0ae8302c30166ceff5d2.htm

1. First off, what color do you think that is? Crystal White metallic or Silver?
2. Wheels - those look like the 20's, correct?
3. Upholstery, I'm guessing that is the Nubuck option?
4. No dual exhaust...no biggy
5. Metal dash inlays, rather than Carbon Fiber
6. Heated Rear seats and heated steering wheel? The listing seems to confirm it is there, because the steering wheel is listed, but the rear seats are not. Likely just that they don't know.
7. Advanced package - This isn't listed, but I swear it looks like there is a HUD in one of the pictures of the dash. Can you guys tell from the pictures?
8. B&W Stereo - Yes
9. integrated Booster Seats - looks like it, right?
10. Automatic Load Cover - yep
11. Air suspension - not listed. Is there any visual cue that we can look for in the pictures?

Other random questions -
Was Pilot Assist standard in 2018, or should I be looking for that?
Are there any other items that might have been optional in 2018, which are now standard in 2019?

Thanks guys for your assistance. I have been studying these pictures for a couple of days now, and the online sales rep wasn't any help.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hi folks, I was hoping that you could lend me your expertise, to identify the options on this Used V90. It is the closest option to me, but still a couple hours' drive. And since it is a Mercedes Dealership, and not a Volvo dealer, they probably don't know all the ins & outs of the options and packages. I've created a list of options, going by what is offered in 2019. I don't know how it might have been different in 2018, so please correct me if I am missing anything.

Here is the link to the listing: https://www.mbgreensboro.com/used/Volvo/2018-Volvo-V90-41b423720a0e0ae8302c30166ceff5d2.htm

1. First off, what color do you think that is? Crystal White metallic or Silver?
2. Wheels - those look like the 20's, correct?
3. Upholstery, I'm guessing that is the Nubuck option?
4. No dual exhaust...no biggy
5. Metal dash inlays, rather than Carbon Fiber
6. Heated Rear seats and heated steering wheel? The listing seems to confirm it is there, because the steering wheel is listed, but the rear seats are not. Likely just that they don't know.
7. Advanced package - This isn't listed, but I swear it looks like there is a HUD in one of the pictures of the dash. Can you guys tell from the pictures?
8. B&W Stereo - Yes
9. integrated Booster Seats - looks like it, right?
10. Automatic Load Cover - yep
11. Air suspension - not listed. Is there any visual cue that we can look for in the pictures?

Other random questions -
Was Pilot Assist standard in 2018, or should I be looking for that?
Are there any other items that might have been optional in 2018, which are now standard in 2019?

Thanks guys for your assistance. I have been studying these pictures for a couple of days now, and the online sales rep wasn't any help.

2 yes they do look like the 20
3 yes standard
6 if 9 yes than 6 no
10 cover yes auto don’t know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rkohou. That gives me a better idea of how some of these options work..and I have a couple of follow up questions.

6 - so if someone ordered the booster seats (9), then they could not get the heated seat AND steering wheel option....or just no heated rear seats?
10 - I didn't realize there was a regular cover actually. I guess I need to look into the differences. Some other listings I was looking at, just had no cover at all, in the pictures.

·
Registered
634 Posts
#1 From the picture with only one wheels, it seems to be White, not silver.
#7 It does have HUD (but that is not necessarily a part of pilot assist)

Did you notice it also has the rear shades? Nice to have.

#4 what do you mean no dual exhaust? It does have two pipes coming out from the rear, making it dual exhaust. Did you mean the dual exhaust tips? Those are easy to upgrade after-the-fact.
#6 it does seem to have four-zone climate controls, so heated seats should be part of that (there's a picture that shows fan at max for rear seat controls in center console)
#9 It does seem to have rear seat boosters (but I'm not sure).
#11 Lastly, the only way to know if it has air suspension is to have the dealer take a picture of the rear lower part showing the shocks. You should be able to see the air bags and if shocks have a cable coming out at the bottom.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Thanks rkohou. That gives me a better idea of how some of these options work..and I have a couple of follow up questions.

6 - so if someone ordered the booster seats (9), then they could not get the heated seat AND steering wheel option....or just no heated rear seats?
10 - I didn't realize there was a regular cover actually. I guess I need to look into the differences. Some other listings I was looking at, just had no cover at all, in the pictures.
#6 you should ask the dealer to take a picture of the rear console/climate controls

#10 it is automatic cover.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you notice it also has the rear shades? Nice to have.
No, I didn't notice that...and I"m not sure I know what you mean. Do you mean removable screens to reduce the glare/sun coming in the backseat windows? If so, I think that could be a good indication that #9 is in fact included....since the only time you see those shades is when someone has a little kid in the back seat :)

From the picture with only one wheels, it seems to be White, not silver.
It's hard to tell right? the online sales rep wasn't any help either. Is there a way to look it up by the VIN?

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
Car looks silver to me from the half dozen pics of the exterior.

You may want to look into the three unscheduled service visits from May 2019 to July 2019 outlined in the carfax (ask the selling dealer to contact the Volvo dealer to get the repair records) and take a look at the wheel that was repaired.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good call. That is suspicious.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
#1 From the picture with only one wheels, it seems to be White, not silver.
#7 It does have HUD (but that is not necessarily a part of pilot assist)
Sorry...I missed this comment the first time I read your post. To clarify, I am referring to the advanced package as it exists today, for 2019s. It may have been different in 2018. In 2019, it includes the HUD, Full LED Headlights with Active Bending Lights (ABL), Headlight High Pressure Cleaning, and 360º Surround View Camera.

Therefore, I saw the HUD and assumed that it had the Advanced Package.

Does anyone know if the packages were different in 2018?

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,082 Posts
HuD was a stand-alone option on my MY18 V90CC and not tied up with any other package.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found this old spec sheet for OSD.

It looks like the packages were different back then (they had a Convenience Package, but no Advanced Package)....and there was also the added complexity that with OSD, you could pretty much order any option separately, even if it was part of the packages. It sounds like I'm going to have to drive a couple of hours to see this thing in person, and go through my checklist while I'm sitting in it.

I guess my remaining questions that you guys can potentially help me out with are:
1. Was Pilot Assist standard with all V90s in '18? Anyone know?
2. What the heck is that color? :)

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
It looks like bright silver metallic. Ask the dealer for the color code - should be on the VIN plate under the hood.

·
Registered
634 Posts

It looks like the packages were different back then (they had a Convenience Package, but no Advanced Package)....and there was also the added complexity that with OSD, you could pretty much order any option separately, even if it was part of the packages. It sounds like I'm going to have to drive a couple of hours to see this thing in person, and go through my checklist while I'm sitting in it.

I guess my remaining questions that you guys can potentially help me out with are:
Call your local volvo dealer, give them the VIN number and ask away.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Plugged the VIN in the mycarfax app and it states it is a well-serviced vehicle and says it is SILVER color...mystery solved!

·
Registered
367 Posts

#1 - pilot assist was a standard for ‘18 & assuming it is still standard on the current year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car looks silver to me from the half dozen pics of the exterior.

You may want to look into the three unscheduled service visits from May 2019 to July 2019 outlined in the carfax (ask the selling dealer to contact the Volvo dealer to get the repair records) and take a look at the wheel that was repaired.
Wayne, I asked the dealer, and they said:

"Our company owns the Volvo dealership where the work was done and we called the service department. The customer had an air conditioner issue and they re-calibrated the CCM(climate control module). Our service department there says that the customer was there all 3 times concerning their ac. They said that everything is working properly but this vehicle was very different from his previous Volvo and they can assure that everything works the way it should."

However they didn't acknowledge anything about a wheel issue. Can you tell me exactly what you saw when you did the search? Maybe a screenshot? Thanks!

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
Wayne, I asked the dealer, and they said:

"Our company owns the Volvo dealership where the work was done and we called the service department. The customer had an air conditioner issue and they re-calibrated the CCM(climate control module). Our service department there says that the customer was there all 3 times concerning their ac. They said that everything is working properly but this vehicle was very different from his previous Volvo and they can assure that everything works the way it should."

However they didn't acknowledge anything about a wheel issue. Can you tell me exactly what you saw when you did the search? Maybe a screenshot? Thanks!
That's good information.

Regarding the wheel, I can see in the one wheel pic that was posted in their ad that the wheel looks curbed. I also see the last Carfax entry on July 29 indicating that a wheel was repaired.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a setting that you could ask the dealer to take a picture of when displayed on the console. It shows the option to disable leveling suspension, in case you need service. That is an indication that the rear air suspension is present. It's under the "parking an braking" options in the "my car" section of "settings". I had a dealer send me a picture to prove the air suspension was present.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Wayne. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
1. paint code 711 per vin. (bright silver)
2. 20" wheels with 255/35r20 tires
3.Upholstery: RB0R00 CHARCOAL/LEABR/CHARC(i dont even know what is what but thats the code for your interior)
6. heated wheel from factory, think that means heated rear seat also, not sure.
7. yes hud option 000117
8. 000553 audio system premium sound
9. 000322 child seat outer
11. 001048 AIR SUSPENSION WITH CCD

also 360 camera, park assist pilot, tailored dashboard. 10 and 20k services done on time, 30k left. no open recalls right now. rare find, dealer i work at just got a white v90 r design in preowned, I was impressed

1 - 20 of 26 Posts