SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP !!! i`ve looked & searched everywhere !!!! :mad: interior ambient temp sensor

all i found is like stuff for xc90`s & s60`s & so on

thanks in advance for everyones help !! :beer:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
what about an interior temperature sensor?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was reading to "weird intermittent a/c problems & it said it would either be the comp clutch so i did the "bread clip fix" & someone else said they cleaned their " interior ambient temp sensor " & fixed it !!

also btw sorry i didnt list that its a 2006 S40 2.4i fwd

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Pretty sure it's located in the rear of the center console - there's a slotted hole and it's behind there. I may be wrong, though.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Pretty sure it's located in the rear of the center console - there's a slotted hole and it's behind there. I may be wrong, though.
You're right. Is awkward to remove, as you need a wrist with at least 3 joints...

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
+1
Just pull the panel behind the waterfall console and it comes off easily. Use a bone tool and take care not to scratch the panel. There are 4 clips at each corner. There is a slotted hole on this panel. Behind the slotted area is a fan that draws air into the sensor.
Also check your OUTSIDE ambient reading. If you've been ignoring fixing this & it reads below 32f the A/C won't cooperate either.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just pull the panel behind the waterfall console and it comes off easily. Use a bone tool and take care not to scratch the panel. There are 4 clips at each corner. There is a slotted hole on this panel and its a fan that draws air into the sensor.
awesome thanks going to attack this today ! got anymore pics of it ??
+1
Also check your OUTSIDE ambient reading. If you've been ignoring fixing this & it reads below 32f the A/C won't cooperate either.
ok great thanks will do !!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not of the panel of the "sensor"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts