SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple months now i have been having issues with what i keep thinking is boost spiking drives fine until i accelerate hard to WOT and my boost gauge reads ~15psi acts like it has a 2-step (has a stuttering problem) then just falls on its face i changed spark plugs and air filter changed oil but other than that that is it any ideas to as what is going on??!! thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
a couple months now i have been having issues with what i keep thinking is boost spiking drives fine until i accelerate hard to WOT and my boost gauge reads ~15psi acts like it has a 2-step (has a stuttering problem) then just falls on its face i changed spark plugs and air filter changed oil but other than that that is it any ideas to as what is going on??!! thanks in advance!
FPS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just the fuel pressure sensor thats it?

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Could be a lot of things. Check for boost leaks also.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Coil, FPS or fuel pump

·
Registered
594 Posts
is there a code that comes up for the fuel pump? or a way to check if it really is the fuel pump

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Well it depends, FPS sometimes will not give you code, sometimes the car runs perfect and shut the fuel for a second or two, or worse, shut down your engine in the middle of the highway.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Monitor the fuel pressure on VIDA, if it goes too much over the nominal 480 Kpa, and acts real crazy, you know it is the sensor. You might even diagnose a failed pump with monitoring in VIDA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts