SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! our 89 K mile S70 GLT SE has 89k and is about to drive me crazy.

Warning lights -

The SRS light has been on for 5 days now. It also came on last month for several days then turned off.

Earlier today and a number of times over the past few months the ABS light illuminates. Then as suddenly as it appears it turns off.

As regular as clockwork the day after refueling the CHECK ENGINE light will illuminate then three to four days later it turns off. Please note that the gas cap was replaced with a geniune Volvo cap AND when re-installing the cap it is turned a minimum of five rotations.

Sometimes the CHECK ENGINE comes on for no apparent reason. Three to five days later it turns off.

The car is running fine. No problems at all. Average gas mileage is 19.4 city. Almost all travel is city. Premimun fuel only is used in the 2.4 Turbo.

If it helps to know our GLT SE has had the software update and the throttle body replaced.

All comments, suggestions, questions are welcomed.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
No problems out of the ABS too while the ABS light is on?? ?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: HELP! HELP, HELP! S70 Warning Lights galore (Calvert)

Sounds like you have low voltage issues. Check the battery, altenator, fuse connections, battery cable to fuse box, and all the ground points. Generally issues like this are caused by the electrical system having an area with unequal potential...

I've seen some cars with corroded fuses and it caused issues all over the place...same deal with ground straps and battery cables going south.

Good luck and cheers,
Prospero

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: HELP! HELP, HELP! S70 Warning Lights galore (Prospero)

We had a new battery installed about two months ago. Should we have it checked or re-installed?

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Good battery? Then could be alternator/voltage regulator. At least you're not having too high a voltage. Some guy posted on the brickboard the other day about that....all electricals were getting shorted out...what a mess. Of course, this might not be your issue, but worth checking out. AutoZone should be able to test all of this stuff for you without you having to pay $$.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Could be too low voltage from the voltage regulator.

I had too high voltage on my 850. It lit up a bunch of warning lights, and blew a bunch of interior and exterior light bulbs, but after fixing it, all the warning lights went off and after replacing some bulbs all was well again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts