SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my windshield pillars and my headliner are sagging. The foam between the hard shell and the fabric is giving away. Does someone has instructions on how to do this? I want to make sure that I don't brake any special bracket plastic parts.... Also, I saw does the headliner part includes the sunroof shade. Does anyone has handy any exploded view of the headliner with part numbers?

Thanks in advance...

Mike

·
Registered
577 Posts
There's not much you can do with the a-pillar since once the foam breaks down, spray adhesive won't work......I tried. I purchased a new pillar for ~$80 each if I recall. As for the headliner you can pin it down. Replacement will run $800 incl labor when I called. You can purchase these 1.5" t-headed pins and start at the rear. First remove the plastic cover on the rear by the lift gate. Then pull the fabric tight and start inserting the pins along the back. Insert the pin at an angle such that the tension on the fabric won't pull it out. Once complete, reinstall the plastic cover which will also hide the pin heads. Then remove the passenger dome light. Pull the fabric tight and insert pins. Once the dome light is reinstalled it will likewise cover the pin heads. It won't look perfect but what an improvement over the sag. For me it was a $1.50 solution to a $800 problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that is a great short term solution. Another stupid question? Is "oak" on the part description the "beige" color?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts