SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just picked up a 2004 S60 R and I've had to car for about a week now. When I purchased it there was about 1/2 tank of gas in the car. I drove it around for a few days and had no issues.

Yesterday afternoon I filled up the tank and did not spill gas or anything. Later on that day I walked out to my car in a parking lot and had a very strong odor of gas. I assumed it was one of the other cars around me and thought nothing of it and drove home.

Today the smell of gas is constant. The tank is not as full, probably about 3/4 now.

Are there any commons problems with these cars that result in the smell of gas?

I looked around and found no signs of leaking anywhere and can not isolate the smell to any one area.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the link. I am not sure if this applies to me since both previous owners were located in Connecticut and I am located in Massachusetts. This is total BS if that is what is wrong and they don't honor the recall because of where I live.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Agreed. Get it checked out sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not had a chance yet to pull the rear seat and take a look at the fuel pump however the fuel smell has gotten significantly less as my tank of gas has gone down to a little more than half.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
:thumbup:
I have not had a chance yet to pull the rear seat and take a look at the fuel pump however the fuel smell has gotten significantly less as my tank of gas has gone down to a little more than half.
less fuel hitting seal at top of tank is my guess when you have less in there. Just get it fixed when you can. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts