SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to install the IPD ipod adapter in my car. It worked well but I had to choose between the IPOD and the Nav. Is there anything out there that will work with both? I know the Volvo adapter will but I have heard that it sounds awful and they want to charge me $218 to install it!! What a rip!<br>

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Help for ipod (evansholly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>evansholly</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just tried to install the IPD ipod adapter in my car. It worked well but I had to choose between the IPOD and the Nav. Is there anything out there that will work with both? I know the Volvo adapter will but I have heard that it sounds awful and they want to charge me $218 to install it!! What a rip!<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>The IPD adaptor will work with both...did you make sure you specified you have NAV when you ordered it? There IS a difference. <p>If you have, call IPD. The Nav and the USA spec are NOT mutually exclusive. You can get it to work!

·
Banned
2,597 Posts

<br><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>evansholly</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just tried to install the IPD ipod adapter in my car. It worked well but I had to choose between the IPOD and the Nav. Is there anything out there that will work with both? I know the Volvo adapter will but I have heard that it sounds awful and they want to charge me $218 to install it!! What a rip!<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Hello-<p>needsdecaf is correct. <p>We haven't released it yet as the installation DVD is not back from duplication, but give us a call and ask for Lucky, he can help you get both going. You will need an adapter cable that we can provide, the rest of the system is the same as used on non nav cars. <p>

·
Registered
927 Posts
And I just order mind Wednesday--I have Nav and purchased the one for Nav.<p>Sorry to hijack, but will I be all set?

·
Registered
852 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>evansholly</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...I know the Volvo adapter will but I have heard that it sounds awful and they want to charge me $218 to install it...</TD></TR></TABLE><p>The Volvo iPod Adapter for the P2 cars works through the cars existing audio system. Possibly you're confusing it with the FM Tramsmitter type for the S40/V50/XC90?<p>Anyway, the Volvo Adapter makes provision for the Volvo Navigation System (the proper cables need to be sold to you with the iPod Adapter) and comes with great installation instructions.<p>John Sharisky<p><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Parts @ Boston Volvo at 11:23 AM 7-14-2006</i>

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: Help for ipod (JABRD__s60R)

I wrote up a brief description of the install process awhile ago. You can find it at <A HREF="http://www.v70r.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3614" TARGET="_blank">http://www.v70r.com/forums/ind...=3614</A><p>The intructions from IPD ar for an '04, so you are covered. It is pretty simple. <p>Neil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts