SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

***HELP***Driver Side High Beam not activating >>>>>>>>

1K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  shaun 
#1 ·
When I purchased the car I noticed that the driver's side high beam would not activate, been driving like that for almost 2 years now.
Previous owner had the DRL turned off from the dealer.
I checked the fuses and found ALL fuses are good.
I recently installed EURO-headlamps and the driver's side high beam still does not activate, so that tells me that my stock R headlight is still good.
Brand new H7 Bulb in both Euro-headlamps, yet the driver's side high beam still does not activate.
Anyone got a clue as to what else to check ? The passenger side works fine. Do I need to get the DRL programmed ON as this is the HighBeam for the Euro Light, but the passenger side works so I am at a lost.
Let me know what you all think. Thanks for any help. God Bless :)

#4 ·
Also here is an observation and question. How many plugs do you need to have plugged in to the headlight assembly ? On both my left and right, I currently have 2 plugged in, (1) looks to be a 3pin, and (1) big plug looks to be at least 10 or more pins. When troubleshooting this, my father and I hooked the 3 pin plug so that only the big plug was hooked and we thought that the high beam on the passenger headlamp would go out, but it did not. In fact ALL the lights still function correctly. High / low beam, turn signal, etc. Again thanks for any help and info and God Bless :)

#11 ·
**UPDATE** I am NOT an expert, however I am sure that I read the wiring diagram correctly and performed a continuty check on the wiring and also made sure that there is power coming on when the high beams are activated to the head lamps. I know the bulb is a brand new H7 bulb. So now I am at a loss of what else could be wrong or to check. I do not have VIDA nor access to someone that does. Again High Beam was not working on the original Driver's side USA Headlamp. Original owner had also disabled DRL. ME thinking it is a bad headlamp highbeam motor, decided to purchase EURO Spec Headlamps. Installed them and the Driver's side Highbeam is still not working, which leads me to believe that the USA Spec Headlamps I have are working all long. Passenger side high beam works fine. Thanks for reading and any other info or assistance. God Bless :)

#13 ·
It could be a few things, ill check tomorrow while i am at work in VIDA but i think there is a relearn for the headlights. Not 100% but I i think i remember seeing it in the list today when i was messing with my headlight. Ill check and get back to you tomorrow when I am home.

#15 ·
****UPDATE**** Well I was off today from work and dropped the car off to be troubleshot by the local Volvo dealership............BEST $140 I spent lately !!! They called me and told me that it was the fuse #22 that located in the Central Control Module near the drivers foot well that had blown. I had visually checked that earlier, however I am guessing it may have been bad and that I should have checked it with a multimeter !!! Lesson learned !!! Now my 2006 V70R has working Euro lights and driving at night is a BIG difference !!! Thanks for reading. God Bless :)

#16 ·
Exellent!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.