SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I would like to get suggestions and advice on my next wagon project. My 98 v70 xc project went out the window because the state refused to work with me on the title stuff. So I read a lot on the 740, 760, 780, 940, 960, s/v90 (960 renamed) models. I already know a lot about the 850 series; good cars they are. I'm interested in any of these models available in a turbo wagon (excluding the V6) model years 1987-1990 and 1996-1998 for the 960/V90. Although this forum is not about the 850, it is also a car I'm strongly considering (the 1995-97 turbo or 1997+ AWD). Based ONLY on owner and mechanic experience, please share with me you thoughts, feelings, and experinces on the good, bad, and ugly of these 7 (including the 850) models. This would include engine and transmission failures (it's a Volvo, how can there be?) and successes, aftermarket upgradeability (excluding engine swaps), ease of repairs/parts replacement, and how computerized (a lot of electronics or not) they are.

My project would include replacing parts to make into a rally and offroad-capable vehicle, stripping down and replacing old carpet and paint to freshen it up, and make custom wooden structures such as middle console, mini ground-bound trunk cabinets, rear independent user space. When I'm done with it, it will be a feature rich, high-performing, offroading, super-storage, hauling-monster vehicle. And since I run a new taxi/rideshare business, it will also serve to be a handsome cloud ride for my passengers. At that time, it will be time to get rid of my 01 v70 and get another older Volvo (maybe a p1800).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts