SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2006 2.4i S40 FWD with 5-speed manual transmission. I recently got my CV axles rebuilt (boots had been torn for a long time), and the guys who handled the axles noticed the sound the car makes and did some poking around. My rear motor mount and one of the two passenger side mounts are wearing pretty seriously.

I took a poke around on-line and found instructions for replacing them and it doesn't seem that difficult. I'm not sure where the lower passenger mount is, but I see the upper one as well as the rear mount.

I can't seem to find the rear mount to buy on-line (maybe it's not called a mount?). And I'm not sure which part numbers are appropriate for a manual FWD model for the other two. If anyone could point me to the right part numbers I'd be grateful for it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Iirc the rear mount is called the rear torque mount by a lot of people; an upgrade version was released by Ford called the e-focus torque mount due to electric car tend to have more "torque". There shouldn't be any difference between fwd and awd but don't quote me on that. Good luck.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The rear mount is also know as the torque arm. Check out Volvo Part 9487349 that is the one that fits my 2004.5 T5 FWD. If you go to http://volvopartslisle.com/ enter your VIN, navigate to engine --> engine mountings you can double check all the mounting part numbers. If you decide on the e-focus rear mount the Ford Part number is CM5Z-6068-A.
Did you see MyNameIdeasWereTaken's video on replacing the rear mount?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks icepickjazz, I hadn't seen that particular video.

Get the pass mount from Volvo

The E-Focus torque mount is better, if it can be interchanged in AWD application. Look up the Volvo number (volvopartswebstore) - if its the same AWD/FWD, then you can use the stronger mount
FWD and AWD are different, so no E-Focus for me. I'll be sure to grab a Volvo part for the passenger one, but not from the dealer.

How many mounts are there total? I'm just shy of 120k and replacing a lot of stuff lately, figure I may just do all the mounts at once.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Last but not least... There is no passenger side lower mount. Explains why you can't find one. Used on on many other Volvo platforms but not the S40.

·
Registered
963 Posts

FWD and AWD are different, so no E-Focus for me. I'll be sure to grab a Volvo part for the passenger one, but not from the dealer.

How many mounts are there total? I'm just shy of 120k and replacing a lot of stuff lately, figure I may just do all the mounts at once.
I have a FWD and can confirm E-focus fits perfectly. Great upgrade and I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts

FWD/AWD are exactly the same. E-focus CM5Z-6068-A works perfectly.
3 mounts total.
Left side transmission mount has been upgraded depending on year. Read Here if you don't already have hydraulic style.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pczelion: That makes a lot of sense on the lower, ha.

I'd figured out the lower mount is the same after the fact. I'd read the microfiche wrong first time. There are two different arms, only one mount. I'd have corrected myself, but I'm still at the point I need a moderator to approve posts, so I had to wait.

I'll read that link in a bit here. I've got an '06. I ordered both the E-focus mount, and the passenger side mount. Along with spark plugs and some other nonsense. Just about to hit 120k (117,5xx at the moment), so a lot is coming or just came due. Already placed orders for (I think) everything needed to replace the timing belt and water pump. A/C and accessory belts as well. Will aim to get that done in a couple weeks. Just won't have the time until then.

I'll probably order the left side mount next week, just to know all 3 got done around 120k.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts