SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I noticed that I have a blown strut on the rear left wheel. I think now is the time to buy some springs but I was wondering whether I should buy one OEM strut or a whole new set of struts, or maybe just two struts for the rear? I need help now. I also am not looking to pay a whole for the struts seeing as they arent as necessary...What do I do

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Buy a pair, at least.<p>Rockauto has pretty good prices... check it out.<p>There are also some 5% off coupons floating around.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Re: (GetDown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>GetDown</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks! How reliable are KYB struts?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>KYB should be the OEM struts (that is, Volvo sources its struts from KYB).<p>I know KYB is the OEM strut and shock supplier for the Mazda3, Mazda5, and etc.<p><br>If you are going to do springs, you might as well buy a set of Koni Yellows or Bilstein HDs/Sports. Since you will be disassembling the front suspension anyway... there's no point in NOT replacing the front struts.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Re: (genjy)

^ +1 <p>You'll say to yourself "why didn't I just do this when I already had them off!?!" Don't be like me. Don't do that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts