SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed new plugs, IPD HD coils, poly engine/subframe bushings and finishing off stage 0...weeks away from loading my tune. I also had the MAP sensor piping re-welded due to a pin-hole leak in the weld from the factory. The car felt so damn amazing! I took it into the dealer for a checkup, while there I got a new rear strut, angle gear reseal, new steering coupler bushing and steering stops all done under warranty. I get the car back a week later and this is the car I get into...

Everything seems to be running alright, hitting 13-15 psi and no visible codes. However, boost kicks in around 2700 and I can hear the turbo spool up but the car doesn't scream and pull as it did from 4k and up. Prior to the dealer, I would start hitting boost around 2300. It just feels like the car is being held back. Throttle is delayed and doesn't rev as high as it should with just a press.

I'm starting off checking the MAP sensor orings and replacing them. When I took it off for the re-weld they seemed questionable. From there I'm checking the stock TCV and do a leak test. I installed new silicon lines and Viva's CBV a few months ago so I don't think it could be them but not ruling it out. Any idea's on what else it could be? Suggestions are appreciated and TIA.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Maybe it's just because it's hot as **** outside?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't think so, it's been hotter and it still pulled hard before all this

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
If you just recently had a bunch of work done, something probably just got done lazily (wut?) and maybe a hose popped off or a clip came loose. Check everything twice, and I mean EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Is it possible the dealer did a software update on the ecu?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Did you see an 80 - 125 dollar charge?... for dealer software updates.

Try disconnecting the battery and re-connect it after a few minutes. Let the car start from scratch and relearn the stock tune.

If it's mechanical, it will be crappy after the reset. If it's weather related, it will start strong and weaken up after a few hours.

·
Registered
329 Posts

Try disconnecting the battery and re-connect it after a few minutes. Let the car start from scratch and relearn the stock tune.

If it's mechanical, it will be crappy after the reset. If it's weather related, it will start strong and weaken up after a few hours.
Excellent advice. :thumbup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it possible the dealer did a software update on the ecu?
This was one of the first thoughts to cross my mind.

No, there was no charge nor line on the invoice. I know the dealer/service reps well, they only do what I tell them to do with the car.

I will try your suggestion as well as checking everything else over. Will update afterwards.

Another way to explain what I feel is that the car is lacking it's second wind, little torque.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yeah, we're hearing what you're saying. It sounds like a software update.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^ That. Also, what type of software update would make the car feel like this?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had a Acura CL Type S and had the tranny replaced under warrant. Common failure in this car. When I got it back it was a good bit slower. They updated the software to prevent the tranny from going bad again . In this case, Volvo fixed a lot of stuff under warranty and had to pay the dealer for the repairs. They might have dialed his car back a notch or two to prevent any future failures that would result in any costly warranty repairs.

Not sure if that is so. But seems reasonable to me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Completely understand what you are saying, however I just spoke with my service rep and she told me no type of software updates have been done.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That's good, in a way so you can rule that out.

I also notice sometimes my car just does not have that hit. Like in third gear there is ussually a very strong surge of boost and sometimes its just not there. I need to get in there and poke around and see if I can find a problem. Hope you find the problem.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I take it as your car didn't like the marshmallow paste I put in it. I thought everything liked sweets :(.
Had me bust out lmao at work. I heard marshmallows were like 117 octane.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts