SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I wonder what the problem is? I have replaced my axles with DSS axles a few hundred miles ago and now the anti skid light is on

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does this have something to do with the axles itself? And would replacing it solve the problem? I guess i have to visit the stealership soon.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Until you have codes read, there is zero input I can give. It could be anything from a bad steering angle sensor, bcm, communication problem, corroded wiring terminal, wheel speed sensor, etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay thanks will get back here once i find out. Thanks!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sooo.... I drove the car just now and the warning has changed from "Anti-skid maintenance required" to "anti-skid temporarily off" then after 2 minutes of driving the warning went away and no more messages. I wonder what triggered it??

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if i get the car scanned would i still be able to get the error code?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
it's probably your wheel speed sensors, unbolt both of them, take a flashlight and peer down into the holes where they go, twist the axle with the car in neutral to see if the tone ring that the wheel speed sensors read has any cracks. Clean the wheel speed sensors with CRC MAF cleaner, wipe them down thoroughly, reinstall, reset ECU, good to go.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's probably your wheel speed sensors, unbolt both of them, take a flashlight and peer down into the holes where they go, twist the axle with the car in neutral to see if the tone ring that the wheel speed sensors read has any cracks. Clean the wheel speed sensors with CRC MAF cleaner, wipe them down thoroughly, reinstall, reset ECU, good to go.
Thanks! But the warning light went away. I might get it scanned next time i visit the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts