SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 S60 2.5T AWD, 224k
Bad flooding on roads two days ago, went through deep puddle, next day on start up "brake failure-stop safely", check engine. Turned off/on. Check engine stayed on. Started today- "brake failure-stop safely",CEL, "engine service req" in park you can hear gear selector engaging/disengaging (pedal sensor), a/c cuts off, tach cuts off, and t2 goes to --:--. Im two hours away from a dealer and know I need Volvo codes read. Is it worth taking local? It sounds like either pedal pos sensor, bcm, etc. I'm worried about paying $$$ just to get bad diagnosis. In key pos II, you can hear gear selector off/on rapidly and noise from brake vac area makes high pitch wining noise. Advice needed! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
The rain and puddle might have nothing to do with this unless your literally forded a river.

Alternator regulator failure? Ever replace the alt before?

$ saved at local indy shops often becomes $ that should have been spent at the dealer for legit service. I happen have a great local dealer who works with you not against you, YMMV.

FYI - If you have a CEL illuminated Volvo includes one hour of computer diagnostics for free as part of their Service for Life program.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks For the reply. Today marks 3 weeks it's been in this guys hands.
I regret not towing it to a dealer. To my knowledge the Alt's never been replaced. I'd rather that than the cem being fried.

In hit and miss communication I've been informed the cem was loose on inspection and it seems some terminals and connections are loose. He said tranny fault message came on one day and the next the car is fine. I wanna go steal it and take it to a dealer...

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Sorry to hear that, hopefully he can either sort it out shortly or give it back so you can have it fixed at a qualified shop.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How's your car been? I've seen the build thread you had before. Would have turned my ash gold into that if it didn't have the miles. Any recent pic?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts