SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok today i am driving and all of a sudden my traction control light and ABS light comes on? so i click the TC and then nothing happens so i get home pop the hood and look at the fluids, well they were fine... What do i do now?? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C70 MATT:<BR><B>Ok today i am driving and all of a sudden my traction control light and ABS light comes on? so i click the TC and then nothing happens so i get home pop the hood and look at the fluids, well they were fine... What do i do now?? Thanks</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Either your ABS unit has gone kaput (hopefully not, not very common but very expensive repair) or there is a bad sensor.<P>Yannis<BR><P>

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It goes on and off, i mean i have only had the car for 3 1/2 to 4 weeks and it's happened twice, abs still works so i know it's fine i just think it's the sensor but if yall got any idea to help fix it give me a shout. thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is anyone going to respond to my problem with my C70? KAI???????????<BR>Kai?????????<BR>Y2Kai? anyone ever scene that guys website? oh well.....<BR>Anyone?

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Yannis answered your question already. And yes, I've had this happen to my C70, I had to replace the ABS control module. Not a cheap fix but it's good to have hook-ups.<P>Regards,<BR>Mike H.

·
Registered
53 Posts
don't go replacing the ABS unit yet. On my 740 all I had to do was get the sensors cleaned and all would be well for another 6 month to a year. I'd get the sensors looked at first. I never found it to be a big deal (most of the time I could even turn the ignition off and then start the car again and the light would go out and the ABS work properly again. Also check for good grounds and connections at ther sensors and the control unit<BR>

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea that's what i have done, for right now.. but now my POWER SEATS wont go backward...pissing me off...so get to go to the shop tomorrow! woo hoo.<BR>Later- Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts