SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally moved up to a V60 from the 2010 v50 and 6 hours into ownership in stumped.

How can I get "Siri" activated with the press of a button? In my V50, I just pressed and held the call button, waited for the beeps and away I went.

On the V60, I don't have a talk button. I've got rewind, fast forward, scroll button, exit and another button but off the top of my head I don't remember what it is...

Is there a way to easily activate Siri? I don't have a "Voice Control" button.... I'm not sure why, but guessing it is because I have the sports pack with the sports steering wheel.

Help please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
I believe voice recognition is an option. Mine does not have it, so when I make calls or use any of my phone's functionality, I have to use the controls in the center console.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I've finally moved up to a V60 from the 2010 v50 and 6 hours into ownership in stumped.

How can I get "Siri" activated with the press of a button? In my V50, I just pressed and held the call button, waited for the beeps and away I went.

On the V60, I don't have a talk button. I've got rewind, fast forward, scroll button, exit and another button but off the top of my head I don't remember what it is...

Is there a way to easily activate Siri? I don't have a "Voice Control" button.... I'm not sure why, but guessing it is because I have the sports pack with the sports steering wheel.

Help please.

The voice control button, for Sensus, is on the right side of the steering wheel; it has a face on it. Push it and then talk away.

If you want to work with Siri, make sure your phone is paired to the car, and then push the home button of your iPhone for a few seconds; the radio will mute and Siri is available. Speak into the phone and she will answer through the speakers of the car.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I believe voice recognition is an option. Mine does not have it, so when I make calls or use any of my phone's functionality, I have to use the controls in the center console.
Standard on all MY15s with Nav, standard on all MY15.5s that have at least Premier package.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So between 2010 and 2015, phone support has actually decreased? Surely there is a way to not have to touch the phone...

Buller? Buller?
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
yeah, that is weird. I didn't know older connection schemas allowed you to access siri via a car button.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So between 2010 and 2015, phone support has actually decreased? Surely there is a way to not have to touch the phone...

Buller? Buller?
Anyone?

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
You can do it without pressing any buttons at all if your phone is plugged in and somewhere it can hear you.

On your phone, go to Settings > General > Siri and enabled "Hey Siri"

Just say "Hey Siri, [do whatever]" in one sentence.

For example, whenever my phone is plugged in and mounted, I just say "Hey Siri, Launch Waze" or "Hey Siri, call my amazing wife" and she does it.

PS - It's "Bueller."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts