SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I am Andy from Germany and have been driving my Ice White V40 T3 for around 2 1/2 Years now. Been on a few local forums and decided it is time to register here too :)

Few details to the car and my small mods:

2013 T3 RDesign with Heico ECU and a dyno tune at Heico Headquarters good for 205 HP and 326 NM
Heico dual pipe exhaust system
Heico coilovers and H&R Trak+ spacers (40mm at the front, 50mm at the back)
18" Volvo Midir Black wheels in the summer, 17" Ixion in the winter (without spacers)
Vinyl wrap of all silver RDesign trim in black brushed metallic
Painted dashboard in piano black

And some pics to go with it :)

Also, drive a 2012 V60 D3 Ocean Race with full Heico package (my volvo dealer and Heico are the same family :D ) but will post that in the V60 Forum

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Very nice. Hoping the V40 will make it to the US sometime soon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Don't think the v40 will reach the US the way it is now. I read that the distance between the hood and hard engine parts is too low for US regulations. Volvo solved it with a auto-rising hood and the pedestrian airbag when the car registers a pedestrian being hit but it seems that doesn't meet the US requirements :(

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Little update from me and my V40: we will be parting ways after 3 years and 75k kms as I have decided to take big step up to a new XC90 D5 RDesign :)

Somewhat sad to be trading in the V40 but obviously very happy to get the XC90, so mixed feelings for the few days until I can finally take delivery of my first ever SUV.

This move also marks my departure from modifying cars as I have not planned to do anything to the XC90.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
quick question @obermuh: first of all, great looking car. we'll be looking into a D4 for my girlfriend this week... was it hard to vinyl the grill surrounding + the slash and logo?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, sorry for the late answer.

I had it done at a car wrapping place and they took two attempts to get it right in top the corners of the grill. Total cost for everything I had wrapped was around 300 Euros

1 - 8 of 8 Posts