SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2004 S60R M66 AWD and 2008 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD - Climate Pkg, Versatility Pkg, and Convenience Pkg
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Found a 2007 S60R M66 in the same interior/exterior color configuration as my 04 M66 ~3 hours away on Craigslist that's being parted out after a blown engine. I'm looking to steal the steering wheel, the trim pieces directly above the doors on the roof (by the roof rack/rail latches), the trim piece that goes around the spaceball, and a few more misc. items I'm forgetting.

Anyone know if the 07 interior spaceball trim fits on the 04? Or if the steering wheel from the 07 (not the airbag, just the steering wheel) fits on the 04? Just trying to make sure I don't buy parts that won't work on my 04. Anything else I should know for the 2004 model year in terms of compatibility with the 2007?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 S60R M66 AWD and 2008 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD - Climate Pkg, Versatility Pkg, and Convenience Pkg
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Shifter trim is different. Buy the center console also and do a facelift?
Center console, as in... the whole shebang? That might be too much for me.

Any thoughts on whether the steering wheel (minus the airbag) fits on the 04 from the 07?

·
Registered
S60 R 2004
37 Posts
Center console, as in... the whole shebang? That might be too much for me.

Any thoughts on whether the steering wheel (minus the airbag) fits on the 04 from the 07?
Yes. From shifter to back. But it isn't bad job as you might think. Few screws off and wiggle old one out and new one in. I think there are videos of the job

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I replaced my headlamps with Osram CBI's on Saturday night, and while the side with more clearance in the engine bay (which IIRC is the driver's side headlamp) was an easy job, the passenger side bulb was not so much. As I was undoing the stupid metal clips that hold the silver bulb base in, my glove got stuck on the end of it, and while I was pulling my glove off of the clip, the clip came undone from however the hell it was put on there in the first place.

TL, DR: the metal clip that holds my passenger side main headlamp bulb in came out from the hinge-like place it sits in usually, and I can't get it back on and get it properly seated so as to correctly and fully seat the bulb into its place.

How do I fix this? Has anyone ever encountered this before? If there was more working area between the ECU box and the back of the headlight assembly, it wouldn't be such a big issue. But before I take the bumper off to get the entire headlamp assembly out, does anyone know how to fix this? Do I need to get a new clip? Please help, I'm literally driving with the passenger side headlamp not fully aligned and correctly seated in its socket...

And I've also finally been able to realize that the driver's seat heater does not work. The seat simply does not warm up. Is there a module or dedicated fuse for this that I could check?

Last but definitely not least, I bought these wiper blades off of FCPEuro to replace my Rain-X wipers that are on the car currently. They simply do not do what they are supposed to do. But I just cannot figure out how to get the new Bosch ones onto the hook-style end of the wiper arm. Anyone know what I need to do? The Bosch blades came with two small clips about the size of paper clips but I'm not sure what to do with them and I can't find instructions anywhere.

·
Registered
575 Posts
1. reverse bleed the clutch but save up $$ in case your 17 yr old slave fails. 6k price tag makes sense but you should be happy either way w all records from day one and no accidents. The old slave cyl design is prone to fail at flex hose and dump fluid into bell housing trashing your clutch plates. No need to replace flywheel at your milage just 4-500 in parts and 8 or 9hrs labor - unless you have lift, compressor, garage, all the tools etc. Possibly mitigated if top engine mount and lower trans mounts are solid/ poly.

2. 2k clearcoat if you really need to futz w trim. theres 3 types of clips for the trim on the VR. nor sure about SR. you'll break a clip or two removing trim but im sure dealer still sells

3. 04 had hu 803 stock. yours is hu 613 from non R w cassette? wow. junkyard / picknpull's all have p2's from 04-07. Find an hu 803! then GROM. I scored a backup hu 803 this summer for about 20bucks, the standard picknpull price for stock radios

Also buy the vida dice interface off ebay and load vida sw on VM on old laptop. The canbus forum right here on good ol' SS has everything you need to get started!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Congrats on the new ride! I just bought a 2014 manual with 110k, so will be following your progress.
Thank you! I assume you mean 2004 manual with 110k rather than 2014? Congratulations to you too.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts