SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I'm sick of being cut off and turned into by drivers who aren't paying attention or who are on their phone... I want to install a louder and more stylish horn. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I was thinking the following horn would be a good one!
Opinions?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CRZXPI/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_N40twbMB3AEWC

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
I installed the Hella sharptones on my car. There really isn't much to it if you know a bit about wiring. They can mount in the exact same spots on the oem brackets as well. It's a bit louder (not a ton) but it does stand out more than a regular horn.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed the Hella sharptones on my car. There really isn't much to it if you know a bit about wiring. They can mount in the exact same spots on the oem brackets as well. It's a bit louder (not a ton) but it does stand out more than a regular horn.
Awesome! That's actually very helpful. I was hoping I wouldn't have to mess with adding a bracket to hold it.. Haha Did you have to take off the entire front bumper to install them?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Awesome! That's actually very helpful. I was hoping I wouldn't have to mess with adding a bracket to hold it.. Haha Did you have to take off the entire front bumper to install them?
The horns also come with a "bracket" of sorts, but I just ditched that. You don't need to take the bumper off for any part of it, but it does make it a little easier to get the old horns off and the new ones mounted since you have to take the bumper off to get the brackets all the way off. It's helpful, but not necessary.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like they are reasonably easy to install and worth the change! I'll order a pair and attempt to install them! 😅
If anyone knows of any videos on how to do so, that'd be much appreciated!

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm putting an ambulance siren on mine......just for the simulated air horn. Two speakers will be freaking loud, but it won't be a plug n play install.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My stock 2004.5 s40 horn sounds awesome. I was looking into a 12v pump and long trumpet. I have that setup on my truck. It's LOUD. And easy to install. Need a relay tho.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Sounds like they are reasonably easy to install and worth the change! I'll order a pair and attempt to install them! ��
If anyone knows of any videos on how to do so, that'd be much appreciated!

Thanks again everyone!

Nothing to it. Just bolt each up in the stock location. (one bolt each) and wire them up (2 leads per). I'm not even sure positive and negative matter, but watch the wire colors if you can.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome! Thanks so much guys!! Im going to try it today, even though it's only 22 degrees 😓

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before:

During:

After:

I really like the way that it looks! The sound is definitely louder!! It's an interesting horn sound- very unique.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Volvo really gave our cars a ***** little horn lol. I think I might get this too. Save me a lot of flipping fingers. haha
Hahaha I agree... This horn has more of a high pitched sound than a normal horn. But it's balls loud! I'm curious how loud it is in vehicles around me though. I'll do some testing with roommates

1 - 15 of 15 Posts