SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the exhaust and what does it sound like? I know they did a rate scale of 1-5 being louder then stock.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: Heilco Sport Exhaust (Diablo)

I have it, but also w/the IPD Downpipe. Regardless, forgetting about the downpipe for a second, the cat-back itself is NOT louder than stock. It is slightly larger in diameter to the stock catback exhaust piping, actually. Best I can describe it, is that it is a different (better) resonant frequency than stock. A little bit "throatier". Don't buy it for the sound/loudness - buy it for the quality as the stock muffler and all piping is crap, IMO, and will be a rust-bucket after 45K miles. The tips are also http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

If you got a good deal on purchasing one, I'd go for it. If you want sound, go w/EVOLVE for sure.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Re: Heilco Sport Exhaust (Short Circuit)

If you want sound get/find Svenske exhuast as it is the best sounding IMHO

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks, No not going for sound and I have a friend with a Saleen and wakes up the neighborhood at all hours. I am looking for a deeper tone nothing loud. I have been listening to alot of sound clips and thread but no one mentions the Heilco. I like the quality and durability more then anything else.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

HEICO makes a GREAT cat-back. Everything is imported from Germany, so cost is astronomical. If you have a great deal, go for it.

There is a huge exhaust thread you can search for. You can do a VERY economical one, custom, if you're willing to buy the piece-parts. I'd look at this thread before you do anything, as it has sound clips in them too. I believe R_Kelly started the thread.

A 3" diameter cat-back will be loud. Stock, I believe, is 2.25". HEICO is 2.375" (don't quote me). IMO, the "best" diameter should be 2.5" or 2.675" largest, if you're going to go pure custom. Removing the resonator (aka "JRL MOD"), by itself, also helps the sound. All this ought to be in that thread I mentioned.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts

TME is also highly regarded but kind expensive and not as easy to put your hands on as most others.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Heilco Sport Exhaust (volvosince16)

I have been reading the post but sometimes everything get lost in the mix of opinions. I know everyone has their different takes on what is better. Does anyone one have a audio clip of the the Heilco with DP? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

R_Kelly did a great write up and the pictures are perfect. I just wanted to list to someone who had the DP and Heilco. Regarding availability well it is like all of the R parts limits but for the right price everything is available.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Short Circuit »
There is a huge exhaust thread you can search for. You can do a VERY economical one, custom, if you're willing to buy the piece-parts. I'd look at this thread before you do anything, as it has sound clips in them too. I believe R_Kelly started the thread.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=46924

I have the TME, sounds great at idle and WOT; but like the others mentioned, coming from overseas the price will be astronomical, it will be beneficial if you can get it used or if someone is willing to do a GB for that. Good luck in your hunt. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
543 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Diablo »
....Does anyone one have a audio clip of the the Heilco...

It's "HEICO", not "HEILCO".

·
Registered
2,419 Posts

I have the Heico exhaust with JRL mod (removal of the center pipe resonator) and I agree with Randy (ShortCircuit) in that it def is not louder than stock. It is actually quieter most of the time except when you get on the throttle but even then, its just a different tone. I really like the piece tho, craftsmanship is top notch but you pay for it

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Re: Heilco Sport Exhaust (juve021)

Quote, originally posted by juve021 »
I have the Heico exhaust with JRL mod (removal of the center pipe resonator) and I agree with Randy (ShortCircuit) in that it def is not louder than stock.

...what?

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Re: Heilco Sport Exhaust (imageomega)

I wish SuperSprint would make catback for our cars... I love mine on T5

1 - 14 of 14 Posts