SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Heico XC60 Project has begun

34K views 160 replies 32 participants last post by  Ocean Racer 
#1 · (Edited)
Following on from the current V70R Project, I introduce a new addition to the stable.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volvo xc60 Sport utility vehicle

2011 XC60 T6 R Design

Included with the following factory additions:
• City Safety / Technology package
• Climate package
• Multimedia package

Performance Mods:
• Polestar Optimisation upgrade
• Polestar Front Intercooler
• Hilton Polestar to Stage 3 tune @ 22psi
Custom billet K26/GTX3071 with Heavy Duty thrust system.
GFB Blow off Valve DV+ T9358
Garrett Wastegate actuator (12psi internal spring)

• SNABB Turbo intake Pipe system with custom Turbo pipe
• Heico BMC air filter
• Ferrita 3.5" Performance downpipe
• Polestar Bi-mode exhaust system
• Remote exhaust actuator flap control
• Upgraded fuel pump
• 725cc Injectors
• Colder spark plugs
• Gold insulation pipe heat wrap
• Lithiumax lithium 12v battery

Suspension:
• Heico Sportiv Sport suspension system
• IPD-USA performance sway bar
• Powerflex Torque Rod Insert

Internal / External:
• 2010 fog lights and fog light housing painted satin silver
• Rear tailgate trim painted satin silver
• Polestar shifter
• Nordic Light Oak centre console trim
• Illuminated Volvo door trims
• Complete interior Dynamat & heat lining for all doors and interior floor
• Full interior / exterior courtesy light LED bulb refit
• LED headlight bulb exchange
• Rear mounted fire extinguisher
• Hardwired additional 12v accessory sockets behind waterfall console
• Remote tailgate
• Rear camera equaliser mod
• Mud Flaps

Wheels:
• Heico Sportiv Volution VII 19"

Make up:
• Heico Sportiv badging
• Custom Terrangkorning Landvagn decals

Heico front emblem - replaces the factory R-design emblem
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Bumper

Heico Sportiv Sport suspension system and IPD-USA rear sway bar
Vehicle Auto part Car Muffler Engine

Height comparison between R-Design and Heico Sportiv Sport suspension system
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volvo xc60 Automotive design

Terrangkorning Landvagn decals. Swedish for Offroad Land wagon
Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive exterior Minivan

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome work and it looks great (love the white)! So when are you snapping on the Heico front and rear spoilers, Heico quad exhaust and some Volutions?! [emoji6]

Question; wouldn't the Heico tune just overwrite the polestar tune?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Adam didn't do any of the work apart from the stickers.... he does want my 20" Volution V's in dark grey that are on my Crystal white pearl 2015 XC60 D5 R design.

The heico eMotion is a piggy back ecu and they have 2 versions with one for Polestar tuned cars which has 7kw more than a standard T6 with eMotion. The polestar tune can certainly be felt and the Heico takes it to the next level but Adam preferred my Polestar with Heico eMotion which is 280kw....

#8 ·
By the looks of the infotainment center that is a pre-sensus car. 2011.5 got the electric power steering pump that blocked the fog light and sensus.

#11 ·
Outstanding work on this. I'm curious how much the Heico 2nd ECU adds in terms of performance vs. the Polestar tune. I'm considering doing this, and emailed Heico last week with no response. Information and support in the US is extremely sparse. Any chance you got the XC60 on a dyno?

#12 ·
Standard output is 224kw, 242kw with Polestar tune and 253kw with the Heico on top. I am hoping to dyno a V60T6 this Thursday that has the same setup but also the Ferrita downpipe and the Heico exhaust and if I get time, the Snabb intake. I'm then putting my Polestar on the same dyno with the Ferrita exhaust and running it before plugging in the Heico eMotion so it's a true back to back run.

Regards,

Michael

#13 ·
NICE!

What lowering springs did you use? I installed a set of H&Rs from Viva, and loved the lower center of gravity, but after a year I finally had to admit that it was too darn stiff.

Wondering if Eibach springs might give the same lower ride height, with a slightly softer ride than the H&Rs.

Thanks!

#14 ·
NICE! I installed a set of H&Rs from Viva, and loved the lower center of gravity, but after a year I finally had to admit that it was too darn stiff.
I've had the H&Rs on for over a year and although the ride is somewhat stiff I find it very tolerable. The combination of the H&R springs, Koni FSD struts, and IPD sway bar make for a very well-handling ride.

I considered the Eibach springs but George was unable to source any here in the US or from Europe.

#20 · (Edited)
Very nice, I'm looking at these 2 options you put in.

• Heico Sportiv E-motion tune - raising the bar higher with another 11kw/15hp and 120Nm.
• Heico Sportiv air filter & air filter cleaning kit

How much were they, where did you get them and does a Service remove the "tune"

Was there any specific reason for the suspension? eg, because of this extra power..

I've got my 2014 XC60 R-Design and I'm loving the numbers you put up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#28 ·
Very nice, I'm looking at these 2 options you put in.

• Heico Sportiv E-motion tune - raising the bar higher with another 11kw/15hp and 120Nm.
• Heico Sportiv air filter & air filter cleaning kit

How much were they, where did you get them and does a Service remove the "tune"

Was there any specific reason for the suspension? eg, because of this extra power..

I've got my 2014 XC60 R-Design and I'm loving the numbers you put up.
Hi mate,

Apologies for the delays as I dont come on here much due to work restraints.

Heico are yet to release the products in Australia but will do within a few months. I was lucky and got mine direct from Heico and paid the ridiculous taxes and postage to Australia for my efforts.
All up about a $5k for everthing plus installation. Mike in Adelaide is the only one in Australia who has installed these products and AFAIK, only 2 XC60's have e.motion - his and mine.
Each e.motion is custom tuned to each configuration. Plus its retunable. I have been told you can wind the boost right up to an easy 450HP with a full exhaust if I want to. Just a few more $K..
The current results are incredible. It clearly beats my 380HP V70R in a drag but the R will eventually reel it in - but by then, you're doing 200kmhr.

The suspension is firm and tight - and the IPD sway bar is a MUST. It currently sits about 5cm lower than a Non R-design XC60.

#21 ·
Nobody?

OP is from AU and so is Mike who appeared to do the work? Any advise here.. I'm loving the NM numbers, but I don't want to lower my car, new exhaust etc - stock stealth.

#22 ·
The Heico emotion advanced tune is not an ECU flash like the Polestar tune from the dealer. It is an add-on 2nd ECU that can be removed at any time. Heico e.motion advanced (requires Polestar tune first or RD model) posted numbers are
339 hp 365 ft lb tq

#23 ·
What does that piggyback unit cost? Is it the $3,000 one I've seen advertised? That would mean T6 people without the factory P* tune would need to spend $1-1.5k on the Polestar reflash, just to be eligible for another $3k tune, for a grand total of $4,000-$4,500 for software. My God...

#24 ·
Yes.. Here's the options I've researched and their reported/tested gains.

Motor:
3.0L T6 AWD XC60
TYPE 156, MY 11-15, EC90/B6304T4

Stock 304hp 325 ft lb tq
Polestar Tune 325 hp 354 ft lb tq
Heico e.motion 331 hp 365 ft lb tq
Heico e.motion advanced (requires Polestar tune first)
339 hp 365 ft lb tq
TDI Tuning U.K. 365 hp 375 ft lb tq

As reference:
2016 Polestar s60 - 3.0L
345 hp 369 ft lb tq

2017 Polestar s60 - 2.0L
367 hp 346 ft lb tq

#30 ·
Yes.. Here's the options I've researched and their reported/tested gains.

Motor:
3.0L T6 AWD XC60
TYPE 156, MY 11-15, EC90/B6304T4

Stock 304hp 325 ft lb tq
Polestar Tune 325 hp 354 ft lb tq
Heico e.motion 331 hp 365 ft lb tq
Heico e.motion advanced (requires Polestar tune first)
339 hp 365 ft lb tq

Correct.
However, I believe both the e.motion & TDI push 18psi through the K16.
I would trust Heico's figures but remain sceptical how 365hp is achieved according TDI.

#25 ·

Couldn't find the above for my car?

The "Heico e.motion 331 hp 365 ft lb tq
Heico e.motion advanced (requires Polestar tune first)"

Is that really $3000 and if yes how/why??

#26 ·
#31 ·
is it just me, or are the pictures not working for anyone else?

Great build, btw! I'm curious, are you planning on a bigger turbine or just sticking with software tunes for now? seems like a lot of money to throw down for a re-tune...but I guess it's a tough market since there are so few people that tune XC60's.

#34 ·
is it just me, or are the pictures not working for anyone else?

Great build, btw! I'm curious, are you planning on a bigger turbine or just sticking with software tunes for now? seems like a lot of money to throw down for a re-tune...but I guess it's a tough market since there are so few people that tune XC60's.
The Heico product is fully supported by Heico, tunable and does not affect Volvo's warranty. TDI box voids warranty if detected.
Admittedly, it is very expensive but the figures are genuine and not inflated like other products on the market.(TDI box)

#32 ·
They're facebook pictures and probably set where they aren't public. They won't work for anyone unless you are a friend of theirs.

#37 ·
Good god I miss your XC70R

#42 · (Edited)
Bunn,
You're right on most of what you have written but I'm not new to tuning nor how power is made from boost.
Have a look at what gains other cars are 'apparently' making with this TDI box and you'll see a consistent pattern across all of them. Engines and engine management systems vary greatly, not to mention displacement and turbo size yet all show identical results in gains. What does that tell you.

#43 ·
Fair enough, and I certainly didn't mean to infer that you were a tuning nOOb. I probably know a lot less about this platform than you do.

#47 ·
Things have started to heat up a little.

New Ferrita 3.5" performance downpipe has arrived.
Polestar bi-modal exhaust next.

Just remember the spacer goes "post cat"...

#45 ·
Awesome! Can't wait to see more updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.