SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nobody?

OP is from AU and so is Mike who appeared to do the work? Any advise here.. I'm loving the NM numbers, but I don't want to lower my car, new exhaust etc - stock stealth.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The Heico emotion advanced tune is not an ECU flash like the Polestar tune from the dealer. It is an add-on 2nd ECU that can be removed at any time. Heico e.motion advanced (requires Polestar tune first or RD model) posted numbers are
339 hp 365 ft lb tq

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
What does that piggyback unit cost? Is it the $3,000 one I've seen advertised? That would mean T6 people without the factory P* tune would need to spend $1-1.5k on the Polestar reflash, just to be eligible for another $3k tune, for a grand total of $4,000-$4,500 for software. My God...

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yes.. Here's the options I've researched and their reported/tested gains.

Motor:
3.0L T6 AWD XC60
TYPE 156, MY 11-15, EC90/B6304T4

Stock 304hp 325 ft lb tq
Polestar Tune 325 hp 354 ft lb tq
Heico e.motion 331 hp 365 ft lb tq
Heico e.motion advanced (requires Polestar tune first)
339 hp 365 ft lb tq
TDI Tuning U.K. 365 hp 375 ft lb tq

As reference:
2016 Polestar s60 - 3.0L
345 hp 369 ft lb tq

2017 Polestar s60 - 2.0L
367 hp 346 ft lb tq

·
Registered
40 Posts

Couldn't find the above for my car?

The "Heico e.motion 331 hp 365 ft lb tq
Heico e.motion advanced (requires Polestar tune first)"

Is that really $3000 and if yes how/why??

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks, I could only find updates for Diesel version for some reason.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Very nice, I'm looking at these 2 options you put in.

• Heico Sportiv E-motion tune - raising the bar higher with another 11kw/15hp and 120Nm.
• Heico Sportiv air filter & air filter cleaning kit

How much were they, where did you get them and does a Service remove the "tune"

Was there any specific reason for the suspension? eg, because of this extra power..

I've got my 2014 XC60 R-Design and I'm loving the numbers you put up.
Hi mate,

Apologies for the delays as I dont come on here much due to work restraints.

Heico are yet to release the products in Australia but will do within a few months. I was lucky and got mine direct from Heico and paid the ridiculous taxes and postage to Australia for my efforts.
All up about a $5k for everthing plus installation. Mike in Adelaide is the only one in Australia who has installed these products and AFAIK, only 2 XC60's have e.motion - his and mine.
Each e.motion is custom tuned to each configuration. Plus its retunable. I have been told you can wind the boost right up to an easy 450HP with a full exhaust if I want to. Just a few more $K..
The current results are incredible. It clearly beats my 380HP V70R in a drag but the R will eventually reel it in - but by then, you're doing 200kmhr.

The suspension is firm and tight - and the IPD sway bar is a MUST. It currently sits about 5cm lower than a Non R-design XC60.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yes.. Here's the options I've researched and their reported/tested gains.

Motor:
3.0L T6 AWD XC60
TYPE 156, MY 11-15, EC90/B6304T4

Stock 304hp 325 ft lb tq
Polestar Tune 325 hp 354 ft lb tq
Heico e.motion 331 hp 365 ft lb tq
Heico e.motion advanced (requires Polestar tune first)
339 hp 365 ft lb tq

Correct.
However, I believe both the e.motion & TDI push 18psi through the K16.
I would trust Heico's figures but remain sceptical how 365hp is achieved according TDI.

·
Registered
68 Posts
is it just me, or are the pictures not working for anyone else?

Great build, btw! I'm curious, are you planning on a bigger turbine or just sticking with software tunes for now? seems like a lot of money to throw down for a re-tune...but I guess it's a tough market since there are so few people that tune XC60's.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts
They're facebook pictures and probably set where they aren't public. They won't work for anyone unless you are a friend of theirs.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

Great build, btw! I'm curious, are you planning on a bigger turbine or just sticking with software tunes for now? seems like a lot of money to throw down for a re-tune...but I guess it's a tough market since there are so few people that tune XC60's.
The Heico product is fully supported by Heico, tunable and does not affect Volvo's warranty. TDI box voids warranty if detected.
Admittedly, it is very expensive but the figures are genuine and not inflated like other products on the market.(TDI box)

·
Registered
237 Posts

The Heico product is fully supported by Heico, tunable and does not affect Volvo's warranty. TDI box voids warranty if detected.
Admittedly, it is very expensive but the figures are genuine and not inflated like other products on the market.(TDI box)
Only voids warranty if the broken item is related to tuning box. For example if power window stops working then volvo has to cover it. However, if you blow your tranny then...good luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm impressed none the less! I'm beginning to explore options for a tune for my XC60 as well, but I'm not sure if it's within reach since I'm out here in Korea. I wish there were other tunes we could obtain by flashing from the OBDII port ala the VW community, but it's a small market, that's for sure.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Good god I miss your XC70R

·
Registered
915 Posts
not inflated like other products on the market.(TDI box)
Didn't notice much difference with the TDI box? I couldn't find many reviews other then diesel stuff

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Didn't notice much difference with the TDI box? I couldn't find many reviews other then diesel stuff
I think people are noticing a decent difference with the TDI box but Ocean is implying the numbers may be a tad optimistic. I have no idea one way or the other, and am mainly concerned with whether it would at least be enough to get my P* enhanced T6 into the high 12s while also remaining safe enough not to blow up my motor. Ideally it would even pass the diagnostic portion of the Massachusetts annual inspection without having to undo everything.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
When you think about it, Polestar optimisation in the T6 with K16 is at 14.5psi and only getting 242kw / 330hp

Both Heico and TDI box say boost on their tune is set to 18psi.

Without any hardware changes, I fail to see how TDI box can get an additional 40kw / 54hp. Impossible.

21 - 40 of 159 Posts