Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
982 Posts
Awesome! Let is know how it is once installed and been test driven. Good luck

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm curious if you could have ordered the suspension set-up found on the R-design V70? That would have also firmed up the ride and you'd have the assurances of Volvo's new "lifetime" warranty on all Volvo parts.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to my dealer, but Volvo won't allow them to order any shocks that aren't destined for America. There are a number of "special service" models of the XC70 across the pond, but they couldn't order any of those shocks/springs. The V70 suspension is different enough that even Heico has a separate kit. I still don't understand why Volvo won't allow us to order 4-C on these cars, as the XC70 would benefit greatly.

Unfortunately, it's going to be 2-3 weeks getting the kit from overseas, as Viva is ordering them as needed.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the kit is expensive, but probably still cheaper than 4 shocks and 4 springs from Volvo. In addition, ordering Euro Volvo shocks and springs would really have been a crapshoot compared to the tested kit from Heico...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Look forward to reading your impressions after you have in installed and put some miles on it.
so on an xc70 what will it lower the car an inch?..if so what tire size would fit right on factory wheels? thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heico claims approx. 30mm... The wheels I use have an ET 42 offset, compared to the ET 55 stock wheels and I'm going to stay with stock 235/50/18" tire size, so clearance shouldn't be a problem. I think even with stock wheels and stock tire size, there would be no issues.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The suspension just arrived yesterday. Hopefully I'll get it installed this coming week. There shouldn't be any tire clearance issues...

·
Registered
149 Posts
keep us posted, cant wait to hear about performance and see pics..

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't get the kit put on until next week. My shop foreman is out of town for the week, and I always make sure he is around when they work on my vehicles. Bummer...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I finally got the suspension on and it's........ Great! Heico really nailed the shock valving and the spring rates with this kit. The car no longer wallows up and down on the smoother whoops and it doesn't crash over the sharp bumps anymore. It's very planted, yet still compliant. You could take your grandmother for a ride with no reservations... :) Don't get me wrong this is a sport kit, so it doesn't glide over washboard stuff like a caddy anymore, but if you are looking for that you're probably not reading this anyways... I've put about 100 miles on the car since yesterday and the drop is right at 7/8", so less than the quoted 30mm, but I'm sure it will come down a little. Quite frankly, if it stayed right where it is, I would be fine with it. I wasn't looking for a "slammed" XC70, so I hope it settles at 1" I ended up buying all the factory strut parts, as I wanted to be able to keep the factory struts together. This does add some money to the bottom line, but it will be save time at trade in. We ended up using stock shock bellows instead of the blue Bilstein boots, as they add much more protection and will be much more compliant in cold weather.

I must admit, I was worried that this kit would be too stiff and jiggly, but kudos to Heico for a job well done... it reminds me of my V70R in sport mode (not advanced) without the stupid reactive rear shock nonsense...

Highly recommended...!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Before...

After...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Before...

After...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Before...

After...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow, sorry for the crappy pics, they looked much better on my computer...

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.